recipe ideas for homegrown plums

Options
godblessourhome
godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
anyone have some creative ideas on what to do with 5 gallons? i've had a plum syrup that was amazing but i don't have a recipe. recipes for jelly would be appreciated too. can you make chutney/salsa with plums? marinades? cookies/cakes/pies? help a sister out. :)

Replies

• Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I had a TON of plums this year as well. I dehydrated them and made prunes (my kids like them), and I also pureed them and made fruit leather- you can find instructions online. The fruit leather was really good!
  • reander
    reander Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I don't have a recipe as we improvise our recipes but my family made a lovely spicey plum chutney, there are lots of recipes online, but they do take quite a while to reduce down. I think it goes really well with cheeses and the family tells me it goes well with cold meats. I vaguely remember it having some white wine vinegar and ginger in it.

Plum crumble and tarts are also pretty tasty, and of course jam. Good luck using them up, we have a whole freezer overflowing with fruit. There are actually a lot of recipes listed here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/plum