Starting Power 90 - Help with Meal Plan

Options
Hi guys so I have decided to do Power 90 finally because P90X was too hard for me. Now I just order the Power 90 and with it I also order 30 serving bag of Shakeology. I really wanna prepare myself rightaway with eating right and making a Meal Plan that I will follow during my program.

Some stats about myself:

Sex: Male
Weight: 170 pounds
Current Activity level: Since last 4 years I didn't play any sports or done any exercise. except for 7 days straight tredmill for 20 minutes (only did it 1 week in those 4 years. thats all.

My Goal: Its simple I wanna get rid of my body fat and gain strength. Because I didn't had strength I couldn't do P90X so I am hoping this time when I start this program I want to complete it successfully. In short with Power 90 program I wanna lose body fat and I really wanna gain strength because my ultimate goal is P90X.

Now for nutrition meal plan. I discuss all the above and my story with my Coach, his name is Jason and he is awesome and always willing to help. So coach put me on 1900 calorie daily and 50% protein 30% carbs and 20% fats.

So when i am calculating those numbers, I am getting

950 calorie of Protein
570 calorie of carbs
380 calorie of fats

So are my calculation correct? and will I be able to achieve my goal with those above calculation.

Now how can i make a meal plan according to the above calculation because I don't have membership. I really manage to get my power 90 and shakeology but right now I am on budget so I can't really get the membership so I cannot use My Meal Planner on the website.

the myfitnesspal website can i use it for meal planner because I couldn't find the option for or is it only for goals.

So if someone can work with me hear, all the experts or people who done this before. Keeping in mind my goals and my program is Power 90, I want to build a meal plan that i can start using right away from today i mean today so I prepare for Power 90 once its come in.

Ok guys hoping to hear from you guys soon. Thanks for reading all the above, I know its long but I wanna get this straighten out because of this Meal Planning I am really worried but its just my nature to be worried about everything.

Regards,
Arsalan

Replies

• CoachKristenSmith
    CoachKristenSmith Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My advice is to count your protein grams, not necessary calories from protein. You can set your own goals on here for daily protein grams and calories and carbs and just log your foods to hit your goals. I do that because I have to hit a certain number of protein grams a day and it works great.

I have done Power 90 and I love them. I was 300 pounds at one point and could do the level 1-2 and now 70 pounds lighter I can do level 3-4 without a problem. I have never done it for 90 days in a row though, I just have used them as workouts when I couldn't get to the gym. They're very effective and you'll be sore. Don't be afraid to start with Level 1-2, do it until you're used to the routines and then move up. You're in much better shape than I am and younger so you'll be able to really see results quickly. Good luck!!
  • arsalan89
    Options
    thanks for the motivation duckheadz , now the thing is this i am trying to make a meal plan. but i am having real difficulties , is there a way i can see others meal plan who have similar goals like mine and about same calorie calculation. thanks all ur help.