Pizza

I'm a college student, I live in an apartment and me and my roommate ordered domino's yesterday. I had 2 slices yesterday and was still under my calorie limit.. I've already had a slice for lunch and don't want to have a slice for dinner because I know it's bad for me.. But I have no other food in my house.. do you think it's ok to eat this much pizza in 2 days? I haven't had pizza in like... months.
I don't know, it makes me nervous because it's not healthy.

Replies

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,380 Member
    If you're working it into your calorie count for the day it's not going to kill you. This is coming from someone who used to regularly eat half a pizza at a sitting and actually ate 2 entire Little Cesar's pizzas while pregnant once. Pizza will not kill you in the short-term. LOL Be careful though b/c it can mess with your..... eh.... 'elimination' if you have a bunch of greasy cheesy deliciousness and aren't used to it.

In the future, you might consider trying to keep some healthier low-cal snacks around the house so that you don't get stuck with a 'pizza's the only thing in the house' scenario. :-)
  • haha I know i hate this. being in college stinks
    but thank you so much. I mean Domino's slices are really teeny but.. it's just so much grease and cheese lol
    But I sill have over a thousand calories left BEFORE working out today so I hope it'll be ok
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Pizza in general is a healthy food, it's a decent ratio of carbs, fats, and proteins. And as long as you keep the calories in check, you can eat it with no problems.

Although, I do prefer homemade pizza to delivery.
  • i loveeeee pizza n its my down fall, as soon as the weekend comes i want pizza!!! iam a student too and so ordering from justeat.co.uk is far to easy! calorific!! and eats at ya student loan !! but!! i have found a away to have pizza and be healthy!! buy pitta bread toast lightly, spread tomato puree and mix herbs on top, dice chicken, peppers onions mushrooms chillis, wateva u want prawns tuna or just the veg if u want extra healthy!! sprinkle with low fat cheese and grill until cheese melts, now i can still have my friday night pizza andd its very tasty i sprinkle garlic and chilli flakes over the top too. im having this tonight btw! and no need to feel guilty good luck guys any hoo xx
  • Jen788134
    Jen788134 Posts: 36 Member
    Go for it. We all deserve a treat now and then and it's better to have something with high cals than to eat nothing!