Options
dbecker70
dbecker70 Posts: 161 Member
These easy lowfat pumpkin muffins only have 2 ingredients! :bigsmile:

Ingredients:

1 box spice cake mix
1 can solid pack pumpkin (15 oz.)

Directions:

In a large bowl, combine cake mix and pumpkin.

Note: Don't add anything else that may be mentioned on the box, such as eggs, oil, or water. The mixture will be VERY thick.
This is what it's supposed to look like. Do NOT add anything else, even though you might be tempted to do so.

Place batter into muffin tins lined with paper, or sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins.

Per muffin:
181 calories, 3.5g fat, 37g carbs, 2g fiber, 2g protein

Enjoy! :wink:

Replies

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I made these earlier this week but it actually made 24 muffins at about 93 calories each for me. (and delicious!) You could make 12 bigger muffins but I like the smaller ones for calorie control (I can just have one smaller 93 cal muffin if I want instead of having to budget for 185 cal for a bigger muffin). They are thick, it's a workout mixing it all together LOL, but hey that's great when you're on a weightloss plan anyway. LOL I am actually going to try adding either a little bit of water or maybe a couple of ounces of diet soda to my next batch to see if they come out a bit fluffier next time... (water and/or diet soda won't add any calories to it so I'm going to give it a shot)
  • ginabina13
    Options
    Sounds great! May have to try them!
  • jtcleveland
    Options
    yum!!!
  • chef970
    chef970 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Bump :-)
  • mccgivens
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Going to try this.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    There's a recipe similar to this on skinnytaste.com but you add water.

They are delicious and only 84 calories a piece! I always use a box of spice cake mix, 1 cup water, 1 cup pumpkin....so yummy!
  • babysasha
    Options
    My kids love these!! Also great with devils food cake or german chocolate cake, just adjust cal. counts - yum!
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    bump
  • NicoleGest
    Options
    bump
  • MlleDee
    MlleDee Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great recipe! Pumpkin is an all around favorite of mine!
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    These are delicious. I do this and add drained pineapple and some raisins and make a little spice cake. I just follow the directions for cooking on the back of the cake box.
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    gotta try this!
  • Erykah3584
    Erykah3584 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy and very easy!
  • akaChuck
    akaChuck Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I made these earlier this week but it actually made 24 muffins at about 93 calories each for me. (and delicious!) You could make 12 bigger muffins but I like the smaller ones for calorie control (I can just have one smaller 93 cal muffin if I want instead of having to budget for 185 cal for a bigger muffin). They are thick, it's a workout mixing it all together LOL, but hey that's great when you're on a weightloss plan anyway. LOL I am actually going to try adding either a little bit of water or maybe a couple of ounces of diet soda to my next batch to see if they come out a bit fluffier next time... (water and/or diet soda won't add any calories to it so I'm going to give it a shot)

I add 1/2 cup water to the mix and they come out great that way :)
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    sounds soooo yummy.....would these be sweet? I would normally put a little bit of white glaze for a sweet craving
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options

I add 1/2 cup water to the mix and they come out great that way :)

Thanks, I will try that next time! :-)
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options
    sounds soooo yummy.....would these be sweet? I would normally put a little bit of white glaze for a sweet craving

I think they are plenty sweet just as they are - they really are very delicious w/o any kind of frosting. :-)
  • gettnfitmommy
    Options
    Im excited about this recipe! I love pumpkin foods! Especially ones that are "low fat". Thanks for the tips. I will give it a try! :flowerforyou:
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    These are really good. I made them earlier this week (someone else had told me to try the recipe) and I was able to make a total of 53 mini muffins. Kids had a field day with them all week long. Yum
  • RoadsterMomma
    RoadsterMomma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    bump