speaking of shoes

Options
I need a new pair. I am not a runner - just need shoes to walk in and/ or do my exercise DVDs in. Currently I am doing a BL video and the 30 Day Shred.

Any suggestions on what type of shoe to buy? nike? new balance?? cross trainer? walking? I have always bought cheapo shoes from walmart and feel like I need to get a decent pair as my feet and knees have been hurting. . .

Replies

• wooch44085
    wooch44085 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I need a new pair. I am not a runner - just need shoes to walk in and/ or do my exercise DVDs in. Currently I am doing a BL video and the 30 Day Shred.

Any suggestions on what type of shoe to buy? nike? new balance?? cross trainer? walking? I have always bought cheapo shoes from walmart and feel like I need to get a decent pair as my feet and knees have been hurting. . .
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

new balance
  • wooch44085
    wooch44085 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    don't they have a bunch of different types? is there a NB number that you would recommend? my friend recommened NB 607 or 608 but I don't know what kind of shoe it is - if it is a running or cross trainer or walking shoe. I am going to check them out online and see what it says.

Thanks!!! I have heard a lot of good things about the NB shoes. :flowerforyou:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    don't they have a bunch of different types? is there a NB number that you would recommend? my friend recommened NB 607 or 608 but I don't know what kind of shoe it is - if it is a running or cross trainer or walking shoe. I am going to check them out online and see what it says.

Thanks!!! I have heard a lot of good things about the NB shoes. :flowerforyou:

I have 608's and 620's
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    The shoe only works if it is fitted to you and the way you walk. The wrong shoe could cause injury. I like going to fitness stores that watch the way you walk and suggest a shoe based on what you want to do and what works with your foot. I wouldn't suggest going out and just buying something.
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Found a great shoe store with fitters available. Highly recommend this as they solved several problems for me. Have always loved New Balance shoes and now find my feet hate them. They are none the less a well made shoe. Find a store with experienced fitters who will measure all your foot, check your stride. Bring your old shoes so they can see the wear pattern. This did not cost anything and the Asics I bought were on sale for $39.00 from $89.00. Good luck!
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    the first and the best Adidies
  • abatres7
    abatres7 Posts: 146
    Options
    New Balance are great shoes. However, if any of you are looking for great running shoes or more then an hour of walking...the asics Gel Kayano is the best. I read it in a health magazine where shoes were rated and they weren't kidding. Best shoes ever, and I do have plenty of the name brand ones.
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,757 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with my Asics. All of them. I tried on a Gel Kayano... couldn't part with the bucks at the moment, but I still dream of them..... Right now I have the Asics Gel Nimbus and they are great. My feet never hurt for one second.