Work, Gym & Eating

I have recently joined a gym and generally go about 2030hrs at night, after my tea has digested.
On occasions I will be going straight from work, before tea.
I have my lunch about 1300hrs so it is along time to go before I eat again, I also want to have enough energy to train, but without adding too many extra calories to my day.
So, was just wondering what you all have as a post workout energy boosting food/drink and how many hours prior to training do you have it
Thanks
:smile:

Replies

• marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    You should eat something - protein rich - cheese, nuts, something along those lines, about an hour and a half before you work out. AND you need post work out something or other - protein rich, moderate in carbs.... a lot of gyms offer recovery shakes, you can make your own, or have a banana and piece of string cheese or nuts, anything healthy really -- BUT you need to eat within the first 30 minutes after your work out.
  • I have been trying to eat something at least every 3 hours. When you're working out you need to feed that muscle so it can grow. I love lite string cheese. It was recommended by a trainer. It's only 60 calories per stick and very hight protein. It also fills me up for at least 2 hours.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    i always just do some whey, milk, and oats after the gym.

prior to the gym i usually have an apple and some milk.
    I workout at 1600 hrs, and eat lunch at like 1100 and 1300 hrs. so I don't need a large meal.
  • Try Muscle Milk Light in the pre-packaged boxes. It's only 100 cals per serving, but it packs 15g protein! Also high in fiber. Recommended for women, since it is a lower cal protein shake. We can't always afford the big cal protein shakes like the guys. I really like the chocolate flavored and I also have the powdered cookies n cream mix at home.