Supplements

Options
after loosing 15 lbs im moving forward with more weight training, and bodybuilding, i was just wondering if anyone who has done, or has knowledge of the following

-Creatine
-Whey Isolate powders

So far through the research ive been doing, ive found that creatine just allows your body to absorb more waters in order to lift more weights but doesnt sound right to me,

for whey isolate powders i was just unsure as to if the body will abosrb the full amounts of protein through the supplement being i heard from several people that the body can not absorb the full amount of nutrients and such through supplements

any information would be greatly appreciated,
thanks

Replies

• Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    What's important with a supplement is it's bioavailability. Whey Isolate is one of the more bio-available types of protein out there, Because of a medical condition, I have my body's protein level tested several times a year, and I can actually see a noticeable different in my bloodwork when I supplement with Whey Isolate.
  • Jc_1324
    Jc_1324 Posts: 29
    Options
    How do you know if it has a good bio availability , like I'm just started getting into the supplements and such, so I'm relatively new to this, for the whey isolate im using Kaizen whey isolate powder , but im unsure how to figure out that
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    http://build-muscle-gain-weight.com/bioavailability-of-protein-in-relation-to-building-muscle.html

This link provides one of the best, most concise answers to that question. In addition, with grains - the only complete protein is Quinoa. With most others in the veggie work (BV < 70 category), adding cheese will complete it and allow you to access more of the protein value in the food.

But in short - it's Whey, Eggs and then carnivore (meats, poultry, fish and dairy).
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I use whey protein (30g of protein) regularly for post workout recovery. I usually mix it with unsweetened almond milk. It makes a difference for me.

It certainly helps with curbing the appetite and cut down the post workout muscle soreness.

As for creatine goes. As little as 2.5 grams a day has been demonstrated to help with the recovery process and cut down soreness without adding weight gain. If you crank up to 5g a day, you will retain the water and as a result carry a little more weight. That is up to you.

From where your are at in the process. Up your protein and learn the basics of heavy lifting. There is no need for expensive and fancy supplements.