New to Turbo Fire

Options
Hi! SO I just ordered Turbo Fire this week, and recieved it in the mail today. I am actually going to start working out with it tomorrow. I was just wondering if there were any other people on here that were currently doing Turbo Fire and could offer any support/advice for the program!

I am super excited about starting it up tomorrow, though I am a little nervous about getting my butt kicked! :laugh: :ohwell: I would love to have help and any suggestions that you can offer me would be great!

Also, I would love to hear some success stories about other's results with Turbo Fire! :bigsmile: I have heard so many good things about this program, that I know it will be great to do!

Replies

• PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I have it but have never done it.......maybe I need to dig it out and see what it is all about.....I'm switching between 30 day shred and Zumba right now......but I heard Turbo Fire is really good especially if you could stick to it!

Sorry can't offer advice.....but want to bump this to see what others have to say!!!! Have fun with it!!! Let me know how it goes...I may join you!!!
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I have it but have never done it.......maybe I need to dig it out and see what it is all about.....I'm switching between 30 day shred and Zumba right now......but I heard Turbo Fire is really good especially if you could stick to it!

Sorry can't offer advice.....but want to bump this to see what others have to say!!!! Have fun with it!!! Let me know how it goes...I may join you!!!

For sure! I will let you know! I have seen people who have been serious about it and have really stuck with it, and they seem to have EXCELLENT results. SO thats why I want to see what other people on here have to say about it. I have been tossing between programs right now, so I am quite excited to try this one out and see how it works for me! :bigsmile:

Maybe you can join in on the fun! :wink:
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I have it. Its an excellent workout. The strength videos to me are little too simple as is the stretching video. Not very intense at all, but the cardio is fantastic, its so fun and upbeat and puts you in a great mood because Chalene is an excellent motivator. Don't worry about not being able to follow it all at first, the more you do it the easier you catch on. Its a great great workout. I plan to order the advanced dvd's very soon............
  • fitmommy2012
    Options
    I have it. Its an excellent workout. The strength videos to me are little too simple as is the stretching video. Not very intense at all, but the cardio is fantastic, its so fun and upbeat and puts you in a great mood because Chalene is an excellent motivator. Don't worry about not being able to follow it all at first, the more you do it the easier you catch on. Its a great great workout. I plan to order the advanced dvd's very soon............

Oh, well I am at a pretty beginner level, so they will probably still be tough for me! HAHA! I didnt even know that she had advance DVD's! Thats great to know though, I will make that a goal, to be able to reach a level when I will want to order those! Thanks so much for sharing! :bigsmile:
  • lydaugherty87
    Options
    Hey Yall!! I'm starting Turbofire on Oct 15th. That is technically today, but it's 1:50am where I am :) You guys that are just starting, add me! Let's do it together!
  • fitmommy2012
    Options
    Hey Yall!! I'm starting Turbofire on Oct 15th. That is technically today, but it's 1:50am where I am :) You guys that are just starting, add me! Let's do it together!

AWESOME! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: HAHA! Its 2am here where I am - so yeah, I know what you mean though! Cant wait to do this! WHOO HOO!
  • DisneyMommy
    Options
    I started TF in April and Love it! I finished the 20 week program (with the advanced DVDs) and started over again at week 13 (I really loved the advanced workouts more). I got awesome results with TF. If you are just starting out, try the "New to Class" a couple of times first to get the moves. But honestly even if you can't get all the moves down, just keep moving. It will all come together. When I first started I couldn't jump like they do in the videos. I felt like I would never be able to do that. Well by week 8 I could get my knees up sky high! Best of luck to those of you just starting TF! I hope you love it as much as I did and I wish you all the success in the world!
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    It's a lot of fun! I joined a gym towards the end so I've been going there for additional classes but I lost 40 lbs with the program.
  • ssdivot
    ssdivot Posts: 193
    Options
    I love Turbo Fire! I'm in week 10. I had to stop for a week and a half due to somehow pulling a back muscle when I landed from a jumping jack. I think it was just a freak thing cause no trouble now. I'm losing weight but the big thing is how much more endurance I have now! Feel so much better! I have the advanced videos and will be doing then when I get done with the normal! I hear there is a Turbo Fire 2 coming out! I'm enjoying it so far. I started out just following the modifier and thinking I couldn't or shouldn't jump much since I am so overweight but gradually have gotten to the point where I am doing all the jumping and it feels great! Not that I jump very high :o. Love it love it! Just got done doing Fire 45 a few minutes ago. Have fun!
  • fitmommy2012
    Options
    AWESOME! I am going to be starting today! I cannot wait to try it. I think that I am going to start with the Prep Schedule before I move onto the HIIT workouts, just to see how my body does! I am super excited about this though!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I am also glad to hear that others have done so excellent on the program! That gives me great encouragement!! :bigsmile: :wink: Now, has everyone stuck with the menu plan or have you made your own ??
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I did the 12 week program. Lost about 12 pounds. In order to do the 20weeks on the schedule you need the advanced DVDs and they cost more so I stopped at 12 weeks. I can find my results post if you are interested.
  • fitmommy2012
    Options
    I did the 12 week program. Lost about 12 pounds. In order to do the 20weeks on the schedule you need the advanced DVDs and they cost more so I stopped at 12 weeks. I can find my results post if you are interested.

Yeah definitely! :bigsmile: Thanks so much!

Yeah I will be doing just regular Turbo Fire for awhile, LOL, no advanced for me, haha. Since I am starting with the Prep Schedule and that is 9 weeks, and then doing the regular schedule with the HIIT workouts is 12-20 weeks (depending on how long you want to do it) - then I have at least 21 weeks of this - which is at least 5 months (but I could possibly exgtend it to 7 months)! :bigsmile: So, by then my hubby shouldnt complain too much if I want to buy the advanced DVD's LOL! :wink: :laugh: Especially if I get great results from it! :bigsmile:
  • spoiledwife12
    spoiledwife12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend using the "New to Class" option on the DVD menu. She breaks it down very well and will help you achieve good form for each move.

You will love this workout!!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Oh glad you are doing the prep schedule! I didn't and probably should have, I just took a lot of extra rest days the first few weeks.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/334141-12-week-turbo-fire-done-12lbs-gone-pictures?hl=12lbs+gone&page=1#posts-4483819
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I just started my second week today. I love it! I didn't need to do the New to Class option. The moves just came naturally to me. Feel free to add me :)
  • fitmommy2012
    Options
    Oh glad you are doing the prep schedule! I didn't and probably should have, I just took a lot of extra rest days the first few weeks.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/334141-12-week-turbo-fire-done-12lbs-gone-pictures?hl=12lbs+gone&page=1#posts-4483819

Oh good! I am glad to know that someone else recommends that I do it! I was wondering if I should or not, but I am SO SO out of shape, I figured that I had better and not kill myself trying to do something that my body is not ready for! :wink:
  • greenb
    greenb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just got mine too! I'll start tomorrow!
  • ajax25
    ajax25 Posts: 3
    Options
    I've done Turbo Fire before but not in a while. I'm taking a break from running due to injury and started turbo fire this week! I'll join you!!
  • ephi22
    ephi22 Posts: 4
    Options
    Just finished my first full week of Turbo Fire today. So far I love it. I am pushing myself in ways I never had before. I LOVE the fire drills in the Fire 30 and the Fire 55. Will be doing the Fire 45 class tomorrow for the first time. I also just got a Polar F7 Heart rate monitor so I can make sure I know what I am burning. Best of luck to everyone! Can't wait to see what my first month results will be....
  • jennileeb1680
    jennileeb1680 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have TF and never really did it - I think I am going to start tonight.