For those of u on 17 day diet....

Options
I just finished day 17 of cycle 1. I only lost 4 pounds. But..i tend to lose slowly. I didnt follow diet exactly. I had a hard time at first bc my monthly cycle interrupted it. But my question is...do i proceed with cycle 2 or re do cycle 1 the right way? Just curious to peoples thoughts. Thanks....

Replies

• Raf702
    Raf702 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    If you feel restarting cycle 1 with much better discipline will aid you in great results. I would say go for it, diet is always trial and error, until you feel what works best for yourself. Good luck, and keep on truckin!
  • newarkco05
    Options
    I'd like some information on the 17 day diet! I've heard of it but would like some more info... Could someone send me a PM with how it works? Thanks!
  • heidil45
    Options
    I did my first cycle and lost 9 pounds but I cheated here and there but if you go completely off of it....You will gain it back, the way I handled it is follow 1st cycle closely then start the 2nd one and give yourself a cheat day on the weekend and jump right back into it during the week! I had to start ovwer until I figured it out..this will be my first week back on it completely!
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'd like some information on the 17 day diet! I've heard of it but would like some more info...

Check out this link for more information. I found it to be very helpful. Thinking about buying the book for myself.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/17-day-diet-review
  • LaLainya
    Options
    I am on day 6 and have lost 6 lbs. However, I am following the diet very closely and am exercising each day. I agree, if you are motivated to start it again I think it would be worth it! The key to me is to get creative with the food choices that are available so I do not get tired of eating the same thing over and over. Good luck on whatever choice you do make.
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Well. i cheated a little during it. I ate some chocolate, peanuts (which i didn't realize was not allowed), and bread on 2 of the days,, and some sweets here and there. It wasn't horrible cheating, but enough that I think I can do better. Just wasn't sure if you get big losses from cycle 2 like everyone reports from cycle 1. Or I should progress onward and see what happens?
  • 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MsCyone
    MsCyone Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I've been on it since August and so far lost 52 lbs. Cycle 1 can be hard, but normally after the first few days it gets better, I'd say through cycle 1 and try sticking to it strictly for at least the first 7 days.
  • mrsthomasstevens
    mrsthomasstevens Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Me and my husband are both on day 9 and we have both lost 5 lbs., and we have had some slip up these past few days (went to eat outside food, drinks and brownies for my birthday on friday) but yesterday I pretty much eased back into the diet and exercise, and I checked the scale this morning to see i lost 3 lbs. But I would say just start over and stick to it with your best effort :-)
  • LaLainya
    Options
    I've been on it since August and so far lost 52 lbs. Cycle 1 can be hard, but normally after the first few days it gets better, I'd say through cycle 1 and try sticking to it strictly for at least the first 7 days.

52 pounds!!!! Wow, that is inspirational!
  • MsCyone
    MsCyone Posts: 223 Member
    Options

52 pounds!!!! Wow, that is inspirational!

• luvmycandies
    Options
    Wow congrats on all your success. I started cycle 2, bc i realized that it alternated with cycle 1. I ll try this for awhile and see how it goes. I appreciate all the comments. I dont eat many of the food choices on cycle 2 anyway, so it will be mostly cycle 1 for me again. Except I ll try some oatmeal and other things. Lets keep this thread going to motivate each other. Its always good to have support. Iam hoping for bigger losses this cycle. How much exercise are you all doing?
  • asugar
    asugar Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    That really is amazing! I want to start it. Do I need the book to do it or can I just figure it out? I went to that Web MD site and it sounds pretty do-able. Let me know if you know of any tips.
    THANKS
  • luvmycandies
    Options
    That really is amazing! I want to start it. Do I need the book to do it or can I just figure it out? I went to that Web MD site and it sounds pretty do-able. Let me know if you know of any tips.
    THANKS

i would rec to buy the book. It is best way to understand diet and all that comes with it. I got mine on amazon.
  • cclark0864
    Options
    Hello, I am on th The 17 day diet and I cheated last night for the first time I'm only on day 14 and I have lost 20 lbs but I'm so disappointed in myself. See for the meats all I will eat is chicken and the turkey stuff because I don't like anything under water :-) but do you think it would be ok if I started cycle one over just try to lose more weight then move on to cycle 2? And if so do you think I would gain a lot back in cycle 2 because I was on cycle one so long??
  • missjo
    missjo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Those that do the 17 day diet recommend that you do not start over unless you gain a significant amount of weight on that cycle. You can't stay on the cycle too long, I think your loss would slow down anyway. That's why you cycle. You need to change it up so your body doesn't get too used to what you are doing. You are going to probably repeat the cycle again at some point, depending on the amount of weight you wish to lose. Don't stress out about cheating once.