new to this

Options
all this is really overwhelming, but i need to doTHIS, any tips on calarie counting is appreciated.

paul

Replies

• mallorydisalvo
    mallorydisalvo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am somewhat new to calorie counting also.. But My biggest piece of advice is just to write it down as soon as you eat it/ drink it... If you wait until the end of the night to log everything you put in your mouth, chances are you will forget something. It's all about doing it often and being honest with yourself!

Good luck! :)
  • ADDdad
    ADDdad Posts: 9
    Options
    awesome dude, thanks
  • mrsway
    mrsway Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Also, if you know that you are going to eat a special meal or something, put it in right away. That way the calories are already gone which can help you make better decisions leading up to that special meal. Remember too not to totally deprive yourself. If you work hard then there is no reason not to reward yourself. Just make sure that the reward is reasonable, like a special dessert, but instead of your "normal" portion, just have what is considered a "serving size". Good luck, ad if you are diligent then it will happen!
  • Lupesala
    Options
    I would say just stay at or below your calories, and watch your portion size. ! :) Also remember calories is energy, I know for me its hard to stay away from junk food, so i as just buying 100 calorie snacks, and making sure I only eat 1-2 a day, since i am a big junk food eater, I really have to limit myself otherwise i'll just eat all the100 calorie snack at once, which beats the whole purpose. Good luck ! I know its hard..but anyone can do it...that I'm sure of. :wink:
  • RunLiftEat
    RunLiftEat Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Welcome. It does seem overwhelming at first, but you will be a master at it sooner than you think. Feel free to add me, I'm always happy to help any way I can.
  • Missmaggieann
    Missmaggieann Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I plan my menus/meals ahead of time and enter it into the diary. This gives me a 'meal plan' several days in advance and helps me stay on track and helps with shopping too.