A show of hands please - Mum's with 6 pack abs?

Options
Seriously, I need to know if this is possible (without surgery!!)

Before anyone starts, I know the body fat % and diet info.... I just wanna speak to someone who has done it.

And I've carried 3 kids to 40+ weeks - I don't wanna hear from the person who had one child at 30 weeks and was therefore not stretched like a beachball. I have a low body fat, I am toned everywhere else, it's not fat on my belly, it's skin. I want to know if I will ever see my abs. I work them hard and I'm pleased with the strength they have..... but a glance at them one day would be nice.

So ladies, please, if you have mastered this, please tell me it is possible. Thankyou!

Replies

• MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    No kidding. I'm no where near where I eventually hope to be....but I was just wondering that same thing today. I've carried two kids 42 weeks (yeah for extra incubation, not! One was 8lb4oz, the other 9lb,3oz so uhm, yeah, I was huge). And I just can't imagine where this skin is gonna go....two kids, and then gaining a TON of weight after them to a hefty 220 lbs...blech.
  • BekJ
    BekJ Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    It is possible!!!
    I've only had one kid (carried full term)
    I started my pregnancy at 87kg and finished my pregnancy at over 110kg...
    I am now down to 59kg and have a six pack to show for it...
    I will be honest though... I only show off the top half of my stomach as the bottom half is covered in some pretty saggy skin (which I'm working on reducing (slowly) through more muscle toning, a good elatin/collegen cream and lots of vitamin C tablets....

Best of luck with it all... It can be done with hard work and determination...
  • shiransom
    shiransom Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CharlieJuliette
    CharlieJuliette Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Actually, I think I'm getting there. If I glance down when doing planks there is still sagginess, but it's massively improved on what it was like. I do have ab muscles showing, which I never thought would happen. Keep going, it'll come.

I've had 2 good sized babies, both carried to 40+ weeks.
  • Khorner84
    Khorner84 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Bump!!!
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Hah, I knew there wouldn't be many!! Damn