How do you weigh yourself?

Options
krissagirl0709
krissagirl0709 Posts: 291 Member
So I was just thinking I wonder how much my clothes are impacting my weight when I weigh myself, sometimes ill be wearing yoga pants, sometimes jeans, sometimes shorts and once in a GREAT while ill forget to take my sweatshirt off. My scale is in the garage and its a really bad scale also so I eventually plan on getting a new one. But do you usually weigh yourself with your clothes on? Or not so much?

Add me =]!

Replies

• Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I prefer to weigh myself right out of the shower in the nudie.

Clothes and shoes add a depressing amount of weight.

Sadly, they would not applaud this behavior at my gym.
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I prefer to weigh myself right out of the shower in the nudie.

I do the same thing, must have seen you do it and got the idea that way! Everyday I feel like it early in the morning and never again that day.
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Morning time, after I pee, no clothes. And I automatically deduct five pounds for my head.
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    only weigh naked!

hopefully the garage door will be down, unless your neighbors need to know too! :happy:
  • squishysangel
    squishysangel Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    So I was just thinking I wonder how much my clothes are impacting my weight when I weigh myself, sometimes ill be wearing yoga pants, sometimes jeans, sometimes shorts and once in a GREAT while ill forget to take my sweatshirt off. My scale is in the garage and its a really bad scale also so I eventually plan on getting a new one. But do you usually weigh yourself with your clothes on? Or not so much?

Add me =]!

First thing saturday morning...I wake up...answer the call of nature.... and weigh myself.....NEKKID AS A JAYBIRD LOL
  • Nancy_hc
    Nancy_hc Posts: 123 Member
    Options

bahahahaha - too funny. I weight myself at the gym (they tend to callibrate their scales fairly often. I dont wear my shoes and my gym clothes typically are lighter than my 'everyday clothes'. I figure as long as I always have my gyms clothes on (2-3lbs of weight) then trackng my weight loss will always be the same. I'm going to do this till i get to my goal weight then i'll bust out a nudy weigh in just give myself that eatra "YES!" feeling :P ... maybe even at the gym just to show off my new bod! lol
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Morning time, after I pee, no clothes. And I automatically deduct five pounds for my head.

this except for the head part
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    i weight myself first thing in the morning in my undies nothing else.
  • lenwie
    lenwie Posts: 240
    Options
    First thing in the morning after the bathroom visit either in the buff or light nightie.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself naked using the scales at the grocery store.

The important thing to do is be consistent. If you weigh yourself with clothes on, always weigh with similar clothes on. That way you wlll be able to see accurate scale changes.
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options

:D
  • phoenix9115
    Options
    i usually dont eat early in the am..not til like 11 or so,so i weigh myself with no clothes before i eat anything,because wearing clothes does make a difference,as well as eating before weighing yourself.If you can be a different weight depending on your clothes,how would you ever know your true weight?..i always take off the clothes and any heavy jewelry as well,and weigh myself before i eat anything. ;):happy:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    My scale is in my son's bathroom so first thing in the morning after I use the bathroom I put on my housecoat and house shoes to go into his bathroom to weigh myself. Then I take the housecoat and house shoes off and weigh myself a second time with nothing on. With my scale, the first weigh in is always a little higher than the second weigh in for some reason whether I'm wearing anythig or not. That's why I always step on the scale twice.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options

Why may I ask would you subtract your head? Do you take it off sometimes? It's not always a part of you?? :noway:
  • finest39
    finest39 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have a digital scale that is in my bathroom and I weigh every morning, naked after I use the bathroom.
  • erintheinfj
    erintheinfj Posts: 28 Member
    Options

Hehehe :D I am the exact same ('cept for the head part but I think you are just trying to be funny).

When I see my doctor for my yearly physical, I try to wear my lightest clothes possible since they insist on weighing people in clothes. The nurses make us put on those paper gowns afterwards anyway, why can't they just weigh us in those? :)
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options

She doesnt weigh her head? how odd.. lol.. even babies have that weight added on the scale when born! :laugh:
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options

I didn't know we could deduct for the head. :)

Morning weigh. I don't weigh anything else besides me.
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    I do it at the local truck stop:) Morning time after all business has been conducted in my birthday suit with a bubble pipe.
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    If you're weighing at home, weigh naked. If you're weighing in a public place, like a doctor's office or gym, have an 'outfit' that you wear so it's always the same weight. Then it doesn't matter what it weighs because it's the same every time. Most doctors assume 1-2 lbs of clothes. The Army figures 4 lbs for a soldier fully dressed so you know it's not more than that.