NSV trifecta!!!!

Options
This is a HUGE deal for me...I have been up the last 3 nights with my baby and then up all day with only a couple hours of sleep in the morning, it hasn't been good. Thursday night I kind of "fell off the wagon," I was so tired that I think I started eating to replace sleep and I ate quite a bit. The difference from every other time that my diets have failed in the past or that I have gained weight when I wasn't dieting is this: I snacked all night, but they were all healthy choices and I still measured my food. Even so I felt horrible about eating so much...I had a snack every 1-3 hours that I was up. In the past I would have either tried to forget it happened or just feel like a total failure and give up, neither of those things happened. I still logged everything that I ate and I never felt like giving up. It turns out that even though I ate about a thousand calories during my binge, I genuinely was not that hungry during the rest of the day and it balanced out where I was only 100 calories over my goals, so not as bad as I thought it would be.
If this had happened during past attempts at improving my lifestyle I know that I would have given up, instead I feel renewed and even more motivated to succeed!!

Replies

• Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel and CONGRATS!!

what a break through.. :happy:
  • fateschild
    fateschild Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Amazing! That is such an awesome discovery to know about yourself. Glad that you didn't give up!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    You rock! :drinker:
  • jwil1231
    jwil1231 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    what does NSV stand for?
    And way to go!
    :bigsmile:
  • chellabella26
    Options
    Thank you guys, it is so nice to have people to share this with who understand why I am so happy!! NSV is a Non Scale Victory...I had to look it up when I first saw it too :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!