NEw and looking for family friendly recipes!

Options
Hi my name is Lindy! I have been on for a week! I was wondering if anyone could help me find family friendly healthy recipes! I have a picky 8 year old!

Replies

• kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Try looking at one of my favorite recipe websites....
    www.skinnytaste.com

She takes a "healthy" version on familiar, homestyle recipes. :)
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/health/series/recipes_for_health/index.html

If you like them on Facebook, you get the recipes sent to you without running into the NYT's limits on free pages.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Recipes-for-Health/130399966974966
  • Lori7
    Lori7 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Lindy ~ I make an easy Protein Breakfast square for you. I make it on Sunday, it last for 9 breakfasts or protein snaks
    It makes 9 squares so you have a quick good protein breakfast for you then if the kids are picky you have more time to make them something they will eat.

Try sweet potato patties for the kids, make them just like potato patties (dont fry) just use a grill with a little Pam Cooking spray and put a little bit of brown sugar on them or even a little syurp for breakfast. :-) Tell them it is a yummy treat you found a new recipe! If they are stiff use just a little almond milk to soften them up.

One quart of egg whites
    one pound of ground turkey
    dice your favorite veggies- I like mushrooms, onions, broccoli, garlic, even butter nut squash, but use what you like.
    I use and 8 X 8 square glass dish 2 inches deep
    I brown the ground turkey drain all the juice off after it is cooked
    Then I steam the veggies together just until tender and drain all the water off if any
    Spray the glass dish with Pam Cooking Spray
    Put the browned turkey meat on the bottom then put the veggies on top
    Shake the quart of egg whites and poor it slowly over the top
    Cook until firm 35 to 45 minutes at 400
    It is good with salsa on it or the kids might like it with katsup!
    :happy:
  • lindybear79
    Options
    Thank you so much! How do you make the protien breakfast?