Fruit on food diary?

Options
Just wondering wether or not you guys put the fruit you eat on your diary, I mean cause it has next to no calories and fat and only natural sugars. Also in weight watchers they aren't any points. So do you put fruit on your daily diary?

Replies

• singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Fruit has calories and carbs. I track everything I eat, since I'm keeping carbs <100 g/day.
  • VulcanLover
    Options
    I think the idea that they have "next to no calories" only applies if your daily intake goal is like 3000 cals a day.

Fruit, most definitely has calories and should definitely be on your food diary.

A banana is close to 100 calories.

Even a smallish to medium sized apple is 60 plus calories.

100 here, 60 there--definitely adds up.

Yes---log everything you put in your mouth.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Yep, I log it. Fruit can really add up! Plus, I'm trying to up my fiber intake, so it's good to know where I stand.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I do, just because. . .
  • TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    If it goes in my mouth -- it goes in my diary!! :drinker:
  • candicole007
    candicole007 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I think the idea that they have "next to no calories" only applies if your daily intake goal is like 3000 cals a day.

Fruit, most definitely has calories and should definitely be on your food diary.

A banana is close to 100 calories.

Even a smallish to medium sized apple is 60 plus calories.

100 here, 60 there--definitely adds up.

Yes---log everything you put in your mouth.

^^^^This^^^^
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    yep, partly because i eat so much fruit that it reallly adds up (100+ just for a banana in the morning!) and because if i start making excuses like "well its only fruit" then ill start skipping logging other things because "it was just a small amount" etc
  • LisaMarieee
    LisaMarieee Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Lol, next to no calories and cals? A typical banana is around 100-120 calories. Why wouldn't you log them?
  • caroln3
    caroln3 Posts: 217
    Options
    yeah I log in everything I eat, it helps me see how good or bad I eat also as well as the calories
  • SimplyDeLish
    Options
    Fruit has lots of calories, carbs, and sugars. I log everything...even things like celery, pickles, - everything. If you eat it...log it!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers has a different philosophy than a calorie-counting logging of your daily food. I would log it...........
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Log it all - 3 or 4 fruit a day can easily add up to 400 - 500 calories ......which is the deficit you need to lose 1lb a week.....
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Yes, fruit has calories, carbs, sugars and fiber. I log everything that I eat, that is why we are here for.
  • Dannypuck
    Dannypuck Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Don't omit anything. You can see where you trend. I drink the zero calorie diet soda sometimes, but I still log it because you need complete honesty.
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    when i did WW most of them did count as points, maybe only 1 or something but I always count it, especially because I try to get my 5 full servings a day so that is a lot combines, I even count veggies and they are less than fruit
  • krissykross
    Options
    It has calories, carbs, and sugar. I definitely track it. One banana can make a sizable dent in my calories.
  • mrshickey
    mrshickey Posts: 239
    Options
    Just wondering wether or not you guys put the fruit you eat on your diary, I mean cause it has next to no calories and fat and only natural sugars. Also in weight watchers they aren't any points. So do you put fruit on your daily diary?

you will find some people on here have commented on slow or reduced weight loss with the 'fruit is free propoints system' on WW, I am one of them. ALWAYS track fruit- when i did i realised i was eating loads of extra calories and alot of sugar. sugar is still sugar,although not refined, it still is worth tracking
  • _Doreen_
    _Doreen_ Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    If it goes in my mouth -- it goes in my diary!! :drinker:

I agree :smile:
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    If I bite it, I write it. :) One of my favorite mottoes around these parts.
  • KokomoJoe
    KokomoJoe Posts: 435
    Options
    I track fruit and pretty much everything I eat. Items I don't track are juice of a lemon/lime that I squeeze in my water, bee pollen I add to oatmeal but everything else is pretty much there.