Any other food hoarders out there? How to stop?

Options
I have a drawer full of junk food. I slowly eat away at it. If there's something chocolatey in the house, I sort of snatch quick & hide it in my bedroom. Sometimes I just like to look at it. I tried to stop but it feels safe having the food there.

Replies

• rottenmind
    Options
    Definitely. I keep Special K bars in my closet, and 12 packs of diet soda haha
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    so you guys both hoard food and you both have leg shots almost the same way for your profile pics, seeing a connection? LMAO no, I don't hoard food, when kids/family eats it up I moan and gripe and head back down to the store
  • LemonPoppySeedMuffin
    Options

Currently mine is full of Rice Krispy cereal bars, M&Ms, cookies, Pringles, Pick'n'Mix, Krackawheat, bottle of vodka, & two jaggerbomb shots.
  • rottenmind
    Options
    That is so true, I never noticed that!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I have hidden bowls and bags of candy around the house. I have special treats that I hide from my kids (they are 2 and 3 years old, there is no way they would know about them even if I didn't hide them).
  • rottenmind
    Options

Currently mine is full of Rice Krispy cereal bars, M&Ms, cookies, Pringles, Pick'n'Mix, Krackawheat, bottle of vodka, & two jaggerbomb shots.

whoops, forgot about the rum for special occasions :)
  • LemonPoppySeedMuffin
    Options

I did have a bottle of rum but some 16 year old drank some of it last night. I get creeped out when people drink or eat from my things.
  • LemonPoppySeedMuffin
    Options
    I have hidden bowls and bags of candy around the house. I have special treats that I hide from my kids (they are 2 and 3 years old, there is no way they would know about them even if I didn't hide them).

Do you just keep them, eat them straight or eat them eventually?
  • rottenmind
    Options

I did have a bottle of rum but some 16 year old drank some of it last night. I get creeped out when people drink or eat from my things.

O_o me too. So a random kid just decided to drink your rum?! hahaha
  • LemonPoppySeedMuffin
    Options

O_o me too. So a random kid just decided to drink your rum?! hahaha

Yep! Then he past out & knocked over a can of larger all over me. This why I hardly ever drink!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

Do you just keep them, eat them straight or eat them eventually?

I eat them slowly. A piece here, a piece there. When I have no self control I will sometimes eat most of one of the stashes which is why I have so many because breaking a big stash into smaller ones slows me down.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    :love: lemonpoppyseed and rottenmind :love:

I hoard food myself, although no leg shots until im skinnier >_< It runs in my family...growing up, my mom bought a property with two houses on it...We kept food in both houses, although the second was really a guest house xD

We also turned a walk-in-closet into a food storage place...

and kept food in the corners of every closet...

I feel very uncomfortable not having food to last at least a couple weeks...I say, stock up on rice and stuff that you wouldn't really eat alone unless necessary. ^^ Also, things you need to prepare to eat ^^ That is what I try and do...

ps: my mom kept enough food for at least 1-2 years at a time lol...prob 2. o_O
  • size08
    size08 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    O' :huh: so that is what food "hoarding" is all about. wow, guilty! I have deluxe chocolates, almond nougat, stashed away in a jar in my bedroom cupboard. You go shopping, you wonder past the chocolate shop, you want to buy/eat.......so you buy;.. take a small bite......wrap the rest up, take it home and Stash it! like you are now my prisoner, my sex slave....(remember chocolate is better than sex) you stare at it......but don't touch; after work, you look at it.......but don't touch; you're almost out the door to the swimming pool......you give it a long look.......but don't touch it. instead when you get home from swimming you busy your-self working out your clean diet for the day!
  • skinnnyxoxo
    skinnnyxoxo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Yes! My freezer looks like an ice cream shop :D
    Not to mention my chocolate collection.