hi :) I'm new...and could really use your help.

Options
I'm new to these message boards. I've used MFP off and on for a while now and thought I could do it on my own. However, since school started a year ago, I've gained 25 pounds! I was slightly heavy before, but now...Woah! I just don't seem to have the motivation to get moving. I could really use some advice, tips, and support. I'm tired of being fat. What hurts the most? I can tell im now much larger than when I first started dating my boyfriend. I feel so uncomfortable now, when I used to feel so confident. I want it back!

Replies

• LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you! Well, similar boat :D Sent you a request to be a friend so we could get through this :D
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    You want to lose? You have to MOVE! You need to eat less AND move...If you're tired of feeling fat, then get up and start moving ladies!

The ONLY way you'll see results is if you stay consistent...

It takes 4 weeks for you to see the changes in your body.
    It takes 8 weeks for your family to see the changes.
    It takes 12 weeks for the rest of the world to see the changes.
    So give yourself 12 weeks to change.
  • fstender
    fstender Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    What you will see here is that losing weight(changing your lifestlye) takes a lot of time...set goals that are attainable. Write down your factors that are contributing to your weight gain...eating fast food...snacking at night....choclolate...ect.and then set a plan on how to change them,..i.e .packing your lunch instead of eating out . Just talk to your boyfriend...two working together for this goal is a lot easier and he can offer support as needed!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Coming here was a good step.
    Good Luck
  • Blabob
    Blabob Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Force yourself to post your food everyday - costs nothing and doesn't hurt a bit. I found that process alone helps me make better choices about food. My exercise motivation sucks, but my food intake keeps me moving down.
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    my opionion but with me if i waited on motivation to get me moving i would not move...

I started by actualy like you got so uncomfortable i could not stand it i cried about it... but i didnt have motivation either I told myslef i was going to put on my shoes adn go walk for 10 mintues and if i felt good id do longer but i promised to make myslef do 10 mintues and everytime i did this i ended up feeling good about being outside that it turned into 20 mintues

i kept doing this everytime i felt like not exercise, See to me the motivation comes after you are feeling good. And i dont feel good till i exercise and then i feel the motivation coming

I can now jog 33 mints without stopping. I did my first 5 k in may.

If we wait for motivation we will be waiting a long time. It is physicaly put one foot in front of the other and you will feel better and see and difference.
  • msjayellis213
    Options
    Hello :) ... I understand completely wat u mean. I don't hav a boyfriend but I bet id hav 1 if I looked more appealing... Lol Motivating & supportive ppl r the best thing ever 2hav during this hard time. They help u get thru. I've only been on MFP for 2days and already the friends I hav are doing a great job of pumping me up & having my bak! I don't hav anyone that I can work out with and stay on track with so MFP is a great way 2feel like sum1 is by myside...lol WE GOT EACH OTHER!
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I have the same situation D: Feeling suddenly self conscious of how I have been looking all this time ( kind of one of those situations where I let things slide too long then BAM I see how bad I really was letting myself go) But here is the good news, you can fix this!! Don't beat yourself up over this either, things will get better and things will get easier too. Picking healthier things is almost a second nature to me now (in fact the other day I had a "free day". Went to burger king and I could taste the thick syrup in the pepsi and the grease of the fries). So things will get better and easier!
    Also don"t let anyone get in your way, I have a lot of people who laugh at me for trying to diet. DO NOT let anything like that happen to you! Believe in yourself and surround yourself with positive help! :) MFP is a good way to get those kind of people!!
    A major tip, make sure you log everything, if I have something ridiculous like literally one M&M I'll let that slide but for the most part I put it in. Its only going to hurt you to try and hide things.
    Like a lot of people have said, movement is key! Do what you can when you can! Remember, the biggest part of losing weight is changing habits and keeping them that way! Feel free to add if you'd like! and good luck
  • 40Rennie
    Options
    Even though its important to be mindful of your weight especially when you're gaining and no longer feeling like your sexy, confident self.

Don't allow yourself to become depress about it because that can become a trigger for overeating. We sometimes tend to comfort ourselves with food when we are feeling down.

Just remember you're not along, there are tons of supportive people on this site that will be there in your corner to go along this journey with you.

Try to focus on the positives in your life and keep your self encouraged by also reading the success stories of others who have been in your shoes and made the life change necessary to get to where they are.

Good luck and remember I'm here to support you if you need me to.
  • kristen11joy
    kristen11joy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Make small changes that you can stick with until they are habits.
    Here's one I read somewhere this week, and I do this: eat the same breakfast everyday (find something healthy that you like, and stick with it -- less likely to get your morning off to a poor start!)
    Another tip from some "makeover" article: change one meal per week: so, this week eat a healthy breakfast everyday. Next week, breakfast and lunch are healthy choices. The third week, make dinner healthy too. I did this a while before I started here, and even though it didn't stick at the time, I learned some good healthy choices for each meal that I am using now.
    ( I read fitness magazines on the cross-trainer at the gym, so I am very well informed!lol)
    good luck!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    The forums are FANTASTIC for keeping you motivated, but remember that a little bit of that motivation comes from within as well. Sometimes you have to fake it. :wink:

Be confident NOW! Don't wait to be thinner. We could all do that. NOTHING has changed about your personality, and you are still the same person with or without [insert any number] pounds. You deserve to be confident now! Confidence is sexy no matter what size you are.

Only the best on your journey!
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I'm new to these message boards. I've used MFP off and on for a while now and thought I could do it on my own. However, since school started a year ago, I've gained 25 pounds! I was slightly heavy before, but now...Woah! I just don't seem to have the motivation to get moving. I could really use some advice, tips, and support. I'm tired of being fat. What hurts the most? I can tell im now much larger than when I first started dating my boyfriend. I feel so uncomfortable now, when I used to feel so confident. I want it back!
    Welcome to the forum!
  • nikkiwantsacookie
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, motivation and even the kick your butt attitude. I have been having my down days, but this is something I really want. I have to do this!