Today is my New Journey

Options
Hi everybody, I just started my weight loss journey today and could use any advise and friends to encourage me to reach my goals.

Replies

• SannaBourne
    Options
    congratulations on starting your journey! :D
    it will take hard work & dedication but you can do it! <3
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It's great here--there is tons of support and advice to be found from everybody. :) Feel free to add me.

My advice to you would be to take it one day at a time and don't beat yourself up if you have a rough day. It happens to everyone and you can always get right back up and keep going. Remember why you're doing this and don't ever give up.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Explore the forums and join in on challenges! Those have helped me in the past, and you can find wonderful support here!
  • Welcome!! I LOVE this site, and I hope you will too! I've found that cruising the message boards looking for great posts from people with positive attitudes helps a lot! If I particularly like a person's post, I will send them a friend invite. Looking at friends' diaries, as well as seeing posts on my home page about their progress is VERY motivating to me! Feel free to add me if you'd like...always looking for more mutual support!!
  • mrsway
    mrsway Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am sure you will find the motivation here to help see you through this journey! Feel free to add me, and just remember to take it one day at a time and to make each day count for something, even if it is a cheat/reward day that will see you through to your next workout!
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Glad to have you here..

My advice would be to take it a day at a time...if you mess up give yourself ONLY 5 minutes to beat yourself up and then just keep going from where you left off...

Consistency is the KEY....It's the only way you'll see results.

"It takes 4 weeks for you to notice the changes in your body.
    It takes 8 weeks for your family to notice the changes.
    It takes 12 weeks for the rest of the world to notice the changes.
    So, give yourself 12 weeks.."
  • TamLind83
    TamLind83 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Well, I have to agree with everyone else…you've come to the right place. I also agree with the fact that you should utilize all the site has to offer. Finding friends to support me and reading/posting things in the forums has also helped me to find great tips and get answers to questions I have. If you would like feel free to add me as a friend. I have only been here a few months, but MFP has helped me quite a bit already just by keeping me accountable to what I'm putting in my mouth.

Cheers and good luck on your journey! : )
  • kathey1
    Options
    U CAN DO ANYTHING U SET YOUR MIND TO!
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    My advice is to make sure you always have fresh fruits and veggies to snack on in the house. If you have others in the house who like to snack, buy snack foods they like but you could live without. That way, instead of reaching for, say, Doritos, you'll be as content with a Pear.

Oh, and take pictures of what you look like now so you'll have something to compare to, later. That's one mistake I made and regret. It'll really help on those days when you've lost weight but struggle to lose more.