STILL under calories for the day :(

Options
Ugh! I have so much trouble getting my calories in on the weekends!! I sleep in (hey, it's the weekend!), and then grab a quick lunch on the way out the door to run errands. By the time I get home and eat dinner, I still have way too many calories left to hit my minimum.

So, at almost 10pm, I'm eating cheese, and baked doritos to try to get up to 1200....still have 192 calories to get in. So...knowing that the obvious answer is to eat more earlier in the day, I have a question: at this point, is it better to just be a little under for the day, or should I find 200 more calories? Seems like eating just for the sake of eating is what got me into this mess! But, I WANT to do this the healthy way, which means not starving my body.

Replies

• Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I think you should be just fine leaving those few extra calories in there if you really aren't hungry. I sometimes eat less on the weekends just because I sleep all morning. Less time awake means less calories burned throughout the day so I really don't feel bad about being under.
  • Jesung
    Jesung Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    It should be fine. Make up for it tomorrow by eating a bit more
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    if youre really not hungry, dont push it. try for a better day tomorrow.
    maybe try to eat a tablespoon of peanut butter?
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I think it's better to be under 1200 than to eat too late at night. Night eating makes me feel icky - but that's just me. Try eating a few more calories when you do get up - grab a nutrigrain bar and slip it in your pocket for while you're running around. Or, better yet, make your own granola bars. There are some great recipes on allrecipes.com.
  • KeepItOff4Life
    Options
    I'm always under anywhere from 100-300, and I'm still losing...so I guess it's not a bad thing.
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I sometimes don't make my calories on the weekends..at least one of the days...It's NOT a big deal on that one day or the whole weekend...Do what you can and leave it at that....
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    besides, I think it shocks the body a bit and can be a good thing...
  • Mynue_Jeens
    Mynue_Jeens Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't try to force them in at the endof the day if I wasn't hungry. Like everyone else has said itsokay to be under every once in a while. Are these days you are working out?

If you really do want be right on I would eat something a little better like nuts or fruit. They can pack a lot of healthy cals and not be a lot of food.
  • corinneselene
    corinneselene Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I think it is fine too! There is no reason to eat if your body doesn't feel hungry and its too late. I generally am under but I dont feel as though its going to hurt my progress. I try to rely on when my body feels hungry.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry - then eat (but don't eat crap just to use up the calories). If you aren't hungry, then don't worry about it.

One thing that might help? Buy some protein bars and keep one in your purse. When you're out running your errands, you can eat the protein bar. Just watch the sugar as some of them have HUGE amounts of sugar in them. This will give you a couple hundred calories added into your day AND will help fill you up while you're busy. Then eat a normal dinner, have a snack or whatever before bed and call it a day. :)
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Agreed! There is never a good reason to force yourself to eat processed trans/saturated fats.
  • kathey1
    Options
    HELLO:smile:
  • aolani
    aolani Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I seem to be having the same problem weekends seem to be worse. The problem is I am not hungry although I am still under 1200. I am trying to force myself to eat more in the mornings, but I usually do my walking first thing in the morning.
  • ryuthestorm
    Options
    i love this site its just made bodybuilding soo much easier
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Those are bad choices to be making if you are simply playing a numbers game. Stock your pantry/fridge with some better options so should this be a reoccuring theme, you have something healthier on hand. Cheese isn't bad, but do you need fat to balance your diet for the day?