Question regarding home workouts

Options
I am hopefully going to join the gym soon, but want to make sure my finances are ok so I can pay the $50 per month. Anyways, I have set up some 'station' sort of equipment I found at home and am going to make up a kind of 1 minute work- 30 second off type of thing using what I found.

I have:

a box I can jump over keeping my feet together (surprisingly after a little while this is hard!)
a wheelbarrow filled with weight I can run around with both pushing and pulling it
a sandbag that I tied ropes around that I can both pull while running forwards and then pull while running backwards
I have fence rails I can use for an easier modified type of push up
I can also run around the small field I have maybe in between stations...

I guess my question is, how do I log this in for my exercise?

Or if you have any other suggestions for these home type workouts, please let me know :)

Replies

• jenfactor
    jenfactor Posts: 124
    Options
    wow, seems like a good workout! Maybe log as calesthetics?
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Hmm, likely vigorous calisthenics would work best, yeah? I always used my heart rate monitor when doing this style of workout. Very hard to judge! Very awesome sounding workout - though! :glasses:
  • emt11dgreene
    Options
    if you have a smart phone or ipod touch/ipad there are some "daily workout" apps for different body areas that all you really need are something to act as light weights and yourself...they give you options of a 5, 7.5 or 10 minute workout for each body part and you really will feel it...it worked beautifully for a friend of mine who i believe has lost about 50 pounds and i'm starting to see results after about 2 weeks
  • Vodkha
    Vodkha Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I was unsure what to put it under.
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    That's four 'Clever Cookie' points to you!
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    oops sorry! make that 5 Clever cookie points!
  • Vodkha
    Vodkha Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I just did this workout. I forgot my cell in the house to time my stations, so I just guesstimated. While I was doing it, it didnt seem super hard (if you ignore my gasping for breath!) but now that I am finished, I am feeling it. If you have the space and spare things laying around, you should try it. Also, since you are moving constantly, the time just flies by!