Desperately bored!! Help!

Options
k2d4p
k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
I am recovering from arm surgery so I can't work out. I need suggestions of things to do around the house. Please, any help is welcome!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,051 Member
    Options
    Just one arm? Plenty you could do.
  • k2d4p
    Options
    Please don't suggest I am making excuses or I am lazy. I am dr instructed not to work out. I am just bored. I don't think I would have lost over 100 pounds and maintained for months if I made excuses.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Can u do things with the legs like the stationary bike?
  • sunnyd52
    Options
    go for lots of walks :flowerforyou:
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    That blows! Injury is one of my biggest fears right now. You've worked so hard and now to be out of it for a bit. Probably uncomfortable too:( Do you have an old hobby you could revisit? Painting, sewing... It might feel good to develop your other bits until you're up and at it again.
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Yep...walking would be the best thing you could do....
  • mccgivens
    Options
    Can u do things with the legs like the stationary bike?

Or steps ups (not sure if that is what they are called)??? You have done so much on your own, I feel like an amateur making suugestions to you.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Walk or ride a stationary bike. Feel better soon!
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Walking. If you are stuck in the house try doing laps around the house. Whenever I tlak on the phone I walk around the kitchen/family room/hall/living room/dining room. You might be surprised by how much exercise you can get doing that.

If you have a 2 or more story house walk up and down the stairs.

Why can't you work out after arm surgery? I'm not suggesting you are making excuses. You look wonderful and it's obvious you worked hard to get there. Congrats! I'm just wondering if you might be on medication or if the doc is worried about you bumping your arm and making something worse. If you are on medications or might bump something and cause damage even walking around the house is probably not a very good idea.
  • slickracer
    Options
    I think working on balancing things sounds fun. start with a plate on a stick and go from there.

like this

http://www.oakparkjournal.com/2007/DSC01296sm.jpg
  • Shajsum
    Shajsum Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    turn up the radio and dance!!!!! have fun and get well soon....!!
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Ok, if you can't exercise your body, try to exercise your mind:
    1. pick any single fruit or vegetable that you've never tried and find 5 recipes that use it.
    2. practice mental telepathy and see if you can make an object across the room move (concentrating so hard that your eyes cross and it appears that the item moved counts!)
    3. translate "Desperately bored!! Help!" into 10 different languages.

Hope that helps =)
  • k2d4p
    Options
    Walking. If you are stuck in the house try doing laps around the house. Whenever I tlak on the phone I walk around the kitchen/family room/hall/living room/dining room. You might be surprised by how much exercise you can get doing that.

If you have a 2 or more story house walk up and down the stairs.

Why can't you work out after arm surgery? I'm not suggesting you are making excuses. You look wonderful and it's obvious you worked hard to get there. Congrats! I'm just wondering if you might be on medication or if the doc is worried about you bumping your arm and making something worse. If you are on medications or might bump something and cause damage even walking around the house is probably not a very good idea.

Military siq (sick in quarters) I can get in trouble if I go out. I am supposed to keep my heartrate down.
  • k2d4p
    Options
    I think I will read or maybe go walking. Thanks guys. :)
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Online games, word finds, and crossword puzzles. I hope you have a speedy recovery!
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Get a telescope and monitor your neighborhood from a 2nd story window.
  • k2d4p
    Options
    Get a telescope and monitor your neighborhood from a 2nd story window.

That seems a little creepy to me.