to eat or not to eat...

Options
should i eat one slice of pizza or none at all? 1000 cals left for today and i have not exercised yet. i just want to be healthy. i have it in my head that i will gain weight if i eat certain things. i hate that feeling.

Replies

• SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza all the time. I've lost almost 50 lbs while eating pizza. I weight 120 on 5'5". So eat the pizza and enjoy it.
  • get_it_gone2012
    Options
    if you have the calories to fit it in, go for it! just be aware of sodium intake, especially with fast food. if you want to be healthier, why not make a tortilla pizza out of a whole wheat tortilla, spag sauce and cheese?
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    What kind if pizza? Deep dish, spinach or sausage? Now I'm making myself hungry lol! One piece should not take you over your limit. Check out the calories before you consume to see where it will put you. At any rate, you should not end your day 1000 calories under your limit.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Eat it! There is no reason not to. Don't get the idea that some foods are "forbidden"

That thought is an unhealthy one :flowerforyou:
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    Eat the pizza! As long as you log it, drink plenty of water to flush out the salt and have other healthy stuff with it.
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza all the time. I've lost almost 50 lbs while eating pizza. I weight 120 on 5'5". So eat the pizza and enjoy it.

how did you do that? Im curious! lol would love to know so i can have a slice or too
  • mlbrox
    mlbrox Posts: 41
    Options
    ok cool! thanks yall! and i will def try that tortilla pizza! sounds yummy! =)
  • LemonPoppySeedMuffin
    Options
    Eat it! There is no reason not to. Don't get the idea that some foods are "forbidden"

That thought is an unhealthy one :flowerforyou:

Agreed!
  • leese559
    leese559 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    yes eat one slice or 2 and if you cant stand the calorie intake them make time to work off what you eat...I call it make room ..dont not live life because your worried I think you should make sure you get exercise in and not worry about pizza ...hope you make it thru"))
  • mlbrox
    Options
    i ate a couple slices! it was so worth it! gonna go work them off now!
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options

how did you do that? Im curious! lol would love to know so i can have a slice or too

Oh boy me too! I feel like I eat one piece and my diet is doomed for that day! Any special type?
  • kristen11joy
    kristen11joy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have to limit the pizza -- only once a month or so -- I have trouble stopping with just one slice. I had 3 for supper tonight -- yummy but I feel gross! (so I am cured of pizza craving for a few weeks lol!)
    I also make tortilla pizzas sometimes -- very yummy! (and without the side effects!)
  • Raf702
    Raf702 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    should i eat one slice of pizza or none at all? 1000 cals left for today and i have not exercised yet. i just want to be healthy. i have it in my head that i will gain weight if i eat certain things. i hate that feeling.

What topping pizza and from where? A typical medium 1-slice pepperoni pizza is between 220-260 calories. If your still 1000 cals under your goal, 1 or 2 slices won't do any damage. Just make sure you find out the caloric value of the pizza you plan to consume.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    Why do those of you who don't eat pizza think that you can't? It's all about calories in < calories out :huh:

You need fats and (some) carbs. . . .I don't get it.
  • mollb
    mollb Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I understand the dilemma! I've lost weight while still eating cake because I stick to my calorie totals, but certain foods now leave me feeling heavy and gross, especially if I eat too much at one time.
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Eat the pizza! You have to learn how to eat Pizza if you plan on eating it once you reach your goal. Eat it slowly, savor each bite.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options

No secret. Just Calories In < Calories Out and regular moderate exercise. Also patience and consistency because 50 lbs don't fall off over night.
  • mlbrox
    Options
    tonight i am making my own healthy version of pizza! i forgot who gave me the idea on here but thanks for it! whole wheat pita pockets, mozzerella cheese, turkey pepperoni, and tons of veggies! yum!