Which Jillian DVD?

Options
So right now I am doing my own little 100 day challenge to see if I can get down to 130 lbs. by my 30th birthday. (January14th) As part of this, I want to kick my workouts up a notch. I've been considering doing one of Jillian Michaels' programs. I know that there are a lot of you on here who have done 30 Day Shred or Ripped In 30 and I was looking for your recommendations. I work out 6 days a week and would say that I am in pretty good shape, so I want something that is going to be challenging and give me good results. Which of these programs would you reccommend? If any of you have done both, which did you enjoy more/see better results with? I would LOVE any feedback that you have on these or any of Jillian's other DVDs. Thanks!

Replies

• mollb
    mollb Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've only done the 30 day shred, but I can say that it will definitely give you a good work out. Even when I'm in great shape, that video works me over.

And good luck on your fit by 30 plan! I'm doing something similar, but my 30th is sneaking up faster (11/14).
  • Southernsister
    Southernsister Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is going to work you out for sure. seen lots of results from this.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I like BL Cardio Max. Bob is in there, too. Actually his workout is tougher for me. But Jillian is easier to look at :P
  • Rebjones612
    Options
    I love the Jillians 30DS it was great.
    I did it for the month of June and I got great results.
    More muscle definition and more ab definition.
    Much more toned afterwards as well.....
    I highly recommend it....
  • thinby40
    thinby40 Posts: 113
    Options
    I like the 30 day shred too. I'm going to start doing that again when I can't make it to the gym. It's a great workout and you sweat
    A LOT in 20 minutes!
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I have only done 30DS so I can't say anything for any of the others. It is a great workout, in my opinion.

In my 17yr old, varsity volleyball cousins opinion, it's a great workout. She couldn't finish it... and she's in great shape, hah.
  • starkid120
    starkid120 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    So right now I am doing my own little 100 day challenge to see if I can get down to 130 lbs. by my 30th birthday. (January14th) As part of this, I want to kick my workouts up a notch. I've been considering doing one of Jillian Michaels' programs. I know that there are a lot of you on here who have done 30 Day Shred or Ripped In 30 and I was looking for your recommendations. I work out 6 days a week and would say that I am in pretty good shape, so I want something that is going to be challenging and give me good results. Which of these programs would you reccommend? If any of you have done both, which did you enjoy more/see better results with? I would LOVE any feedback that you have on these or any of Jillian's other DVDs. Thanks!

I've come to find that I really love Jillian Michales' DVDs. I started with her 30DS and really liked it. I lost 9.6 lbs doing it. I've also done her Ripped in 30 and lost about 6.4 lbs with that. I'd definitely recommend doing 30DS BEFORE Ripped in 30, because (for me personally) I felt like 30DS was a nice introduction to Ripped.

Friend me if you want!!! I'd love the extra support and I'll support the hell out of you too!! ;)
  • shiransom
    shiransom Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've done 30DS and 6 Week 6 Pack. I love both, but 30DS is my favorite.
  • methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    Options
    I have done 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30 (which I did before the shred) and I have tried out her 6 week six pack and killer buns & thighs.

I LOVE her!

My most favorite workout is Ripped in 30 all the way. Didn't care for the shred for some reason... can't say what didn't jazz me about it, just wasn't my thing. But I achieved excellent results with Ripped.

Good luck to you and whatever you choose, it'll work you out seriously.
  • Jazzyjules71
    Jazzyjules71 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    If you want a little longer Jillian DVD, Burn Fat, Boost metabolism is great. A little less intense, but longer than RI30 and 30DS. I really like it.
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I like the 30 day shred too. I'm going to start doing that again when I can't make it to the gym. It's a great workout and you sweat
    A LOT in 20 minutes!

Agree.....although I just started the shred, I am in excellent cardiovascular shape (been working out 4-6 times a week for almost a year) and the 30 DS is kicking my behind and I sweat profusely! Definitely worth the 20 minutes! :flowerforyou:
  • midwesthiker
    Options
    I would say if you have already been working out go with No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism. I found after doing the Shred and Ripped in 30 I needed something longer. These are both about 50 minutes and have most of the same moves but with a lot more added in. I saw more results with these 2 than the 30 minutes ones.