should i log thos?/ he says i should gain weight?

1. i went to a corn maze and walked around for 2 hours. should i log it and as what? it was walking the whole time. got so lost i ended up ot of the corn maze on the opposite side and h ad to go back in.

2. my bf told me i should gain weight. what to do about that?

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    There's an entry for leisurely walking. Log half the time.

Why does he think you need to gain weight? What is your BMI and/or body fat percentage?
  • lucylue21
    lucylue21 Posts: 214

Why does he think you need to gain weight? What is your BMI and/or body fat percentage?

we weight the same and he is two inches taller then me and a man. hypocritical right? im 125. im not searching to losoe too too much more
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    He's jealous you might end up looking better than him I reacon.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    What is your activity level set at? If it is set as sedentary, then go ahead and log it. Leisurely pace, but I would only eat back part of the calories. If you are set for anything else, don't log it. Consider it part of your active lifestyle.
  • calderst
    calderst Posts: 222 Member
    Is he unhappy with your bod? Concerned about your health? Or just missing the fun of eating junk together?

I think it probably depends on his motivation for saying it.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    He's jealous you might end up looking better than him I reacon.

On what do you base this assumption?
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Who cares what your boyfriend says? It's your body and he has no right to police it.
    Have whatever body you love and feel confident about.
  • terriepage
    terriepage Posts: 17 Member
    BMI is for people with little or no muscle. It is inaccurate for those with muscled physics. Jillian Michaels, as well as many other professionals, will tell you not to use it. The biggest indicator should be how you look (skin condition, muscle tone, palour), feel and perform your daily activities.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Did you eat any corn?
  • Rae6503
    BMI is for people with little or no muscle. It is inaccurate for those with muscled physics. Jillian Michaels, as well as many other professionals, will tell you not to use it. The biggest indicator should be how you look (skin condition, muscle tone, palour), feel and perform your daily activities.

True, but it a good starting point for most women.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    "Getting lost in corn maze" might be in the database.
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member

we weight the same and he is two inches taller then me and a man. hypocritical right? im 125. im not searching to losoe too too much more

This still doesn't tell us much. I am 5'3 and 120...which is in the healthy range...So if you are taller, you may be already very thin looking. If you are this short or smaller, you are still okay to lose a few without being considered under weight. 125 is a very nice weight unless you are really short. But once again, your choice , to help or hinder your body.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Were you the one that had to call 911 to get out of the maze?
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    You have the right to be where you want to be, provided it's healthy. If he's concerned that you're getting anorexic then he might have a point. If he just wants you to weigh more cause that's how he likes women to look, well it's your body, you do what you want.

But if that's the case tell the little stick to pack on more weight himself. :-p
  • Rae6503
    tell the little stick to pack on more weight himself. :-p

I *might* have been thinking this as well...
  • slimmingdownsteph
    slimmingdownsteph Posts: 201 Member
    don't let a man tell you how you should look.
    base how much you wanna weigh by how YOU feel about yourself.

he sounds like HE'S too thin actually. take him to McDonald's and order him a BigMac and order a salad
    for yourself to stick it to him more ;P
  • lucylue21
    lucylue21 Posts: 214
    Did you eat any corn?

no, they said if we took it we woulb be arrested
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,605 Member

True to a degree. But nonetheless a reasonable tool for assessing whether someone with a low overall body mass might be anorexic....
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Were you the one that had to call 911 to get out of the maze?
    Aw man, someone beat me to it.