Comfy shoes.

Options
Anyone have any suggestions on a good shoe under about $70 that is comfortable to walk and possibly jog in? I haven't bought any "athletic" shoes in about 3 years.

Replies

• kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I'm very loyal to New Balance and Ryka, I by them from Zappos.com
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Love Zappos and my Reebok Zigs :)
  • shankleefranklee
    Options
    Honestly, I picked up the cheapest ones I could find in Payless. I'm using them as motivation before I buy a pair of Nikes. I use the current cheapo ones I have for the gym, and outside walks. I average a mile and a half to two miles a day.
  • andrea198721
    andrea198721 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I was thinkin' NB or Oasics...... But wasn't sure. Have the ones from Payless held up pretty good bc I might do that as a mini treat and then splurge later around income taxes...
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    New Balance MT101 about $60 at runningwarehouse.com (for women they're the WT101). Or Nike Free 3.0 v2.

If you go to running warehouse, use RUNBLOG10 for an extra 10% off!

(for the record, i have no personal interest in either site. i use running warehouse for the prices and the coupon code for even better prices)
  • alhoward8
    Options
    I was thinkin' NB or Oasics...... But wasn't sure. Have the ones from Payless held up pretty good bc I might do that as a mini treat and then splurge later around income taxes...

I have "bad" feet. I get blisters very easy and my feet get tired when I am on my feet a lot (this isn't just a weight issue, this happened when I was at a normal weight when I was in high school) and a few months ago I splurged on a $139 pair of Asics that the sales people told me were the best shoes to get. I had my doubts, but not anymore! They have support but I don't feel like I am walking on concrete.

They do have some less expensive models so they might be almost as good...
  • midwesthiker
    Options
    I had a great pair of nikes and then after I lost weight I have actually went down 1/2 size in shoes and they don't fit me any longer. :angry:

I am going to try new balance next. Everyone seems to really like them.
  • Jeannelin
    Options
    A bit more than you want to spend but try the Vibram 5 Fingers. They are the ones with the spaces for your toes. I wear them all the time, hardly ever wear my running shoes anymore. They are made to run in but I wear them to karate and walking at the dog park and everywhere. Running stores and REI carry them as well as some specialty shoe stores.
  • ketrell
    ketrell Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • KazziaLlewellynn
    KazziaLlewellynn Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have really high arches. I just bought a pair of Reeboks because they were all I could find with enough arch support that didn't give. I spent 59 dollars at ShoeShow.

I will be wearing them in a 5k next weekend. So If they do as well as they have training I'd recommend them