Eating Right for Your Blood Type

Options
I've been doing some research on this Eating Right for Your Blood Type lifestyle. A lot of the things it mentions on the characteristics of certain blood types are accurate. However, I'm still a bit skeptic. Has anyone tried this? I know folks who have and have seen amazing results. There just isn't a ton of research to back it up. Any thoughts out there?

Replies

• jessbennett1986
    Options
    I've read a lot of comments about this on the forums and the generalized idea is that is just does not exist nor works, just like any other fad diets out there. Good eating and working out at least 3-4 times a day is what works. Good luck!
  • allready_gone
    Options
    I've checked out the list for my blood type and I can tell you that a couple of the foods on that list are extremely difficult for my body to process. I'm sticking with trying to eat cleaner and cleaner and learning what my body responds to and what it doesn't. :)
  • vbennett7
    vbennett7 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have heard of it. Don''t really know about it. But, I think it is important to find what foods you really like(taste-wise) that are healthy so you can continue to eat them. ( instead of eating to lose and then reverting back to your old habits and gaining it back)
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I worked for a Rheumatologist and we had a patient that followed the eat right for your blood type diet. She lost 100 a pounds in a year. It worked wonderful for her. We were all very impressed with her results.
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I researched it YEARS ago and came to the conclusion that there was no scientific backup at all.
  • arotella
    arotella Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I looked into this as well. My thoughts are that... yea, it'd probably work, but not because of your blood type. The people who tried this diet were probably eating unhealthy and not exercising. Regardless of their blood type( & the diet that is prescribed specifically for them), they are now eating healthier and exercising more than they were before. I believe that is where the weightless comes from.
    This is just my opinion... if you find otherwise please let me know! :)
  • kazdav
    kazdav Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you much about it except that my friend paid about £400 for this, she only managed to follow it for a short time before giving up. I will ask her more about it, I think she did lose some weight but like every diet the motivation has to be there to keep on track.
  • skinnyjeans1224
    skinnyjeans1224 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering about this too. Been having some problems with digesting certain foods, even though I take digestive enzymes daily and thought this diet may have some validity.

Trying to track the foods that are causing the most problems.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Its voodoo that tricks you into lowering your calorie intake via elimination of certain types of food.