Running with ankle weight?

Options
koosdel
koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
My ankle monitor weight 1.5 lbs, and is really interfering with my running. Does anyone else have this issue? How do you cope? I'm worried I may have to give up running for the next eleven months and twenty nine day, but if I continue training I may not have to wear the monitor next time. So frustrating...

Any advice?

Replies

• Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Yea, I suggest you cut it off. Running from the police will give you all the exercise you need.
  • jennyrider
    Options
    For what reason are you wearing an ankle monitor/weight?
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Yea, I suggest you cut it off. Running from the police will give you all the exercise you need.

I was gonna ask how far you can stray before it becomes a problem with those who are monitoring.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Can you just run continuous circles around your house?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I suggest you get 1.5 lbs of steel rod and bend it into an ankle bracelet that you attach on the other foot. Once the weight is equal on both legs, it will be much less awkward to run, and you will build ginormous leg muscles.
  • jennyrider
    Options
    Ye...ya...u look like a total sicko...
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Ankle weights while running are always a bad idea because they throw off your natural gait and can make you mire prone to injuries, so I can understand your frustration. That said, the best I can suggest is evening the weight out to both legs and add 1.5 pounds on your other leg as well. Maybe walk around with the additional ankle weight on a regular basis for awhile to so you get used to how the weight feels on your legs.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    yeah, i'd just chuck one on the other ankle too, to even it out. it's not like you can take it off (unless you can take it off and keep it in your top drawer for the next 11 months and 29 days). i'd just live with another ankle weight on and get some proper Schwartzenegger calves going on.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options

:angry: I sure hope you're joking rudy Trudy!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I have all this ankle weight that is causing me problems as well when I run. It's about 280 pounds and sits on top of my ankles in my legs, thighs, belly, chest, and butt.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I have all this ankle weight that is causing me problems as well when I run. It's about 280 pounds and sits on top of my ankles in my legs, thighs, belly, chest, and butt.

LOL :D
  • jennyrider
    Options

oh, u don't have kids? If not, I guess u needent worry!
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Stop selling drugs dude. Not the meth tho...I need that stuff to lose this last 10!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Did I miss something? Why are you attacking people? Your avatar looks so harmless...
  • koosdel
    Options
    For what reason are you wearing an ankle monitor/weight?

Dog fighting conviction.
  • jennyrider
    Options

Did I miss something? Why are you attacking people? Your avatar looks so harmless...
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options

I have kids, but I never let them leave the house, so no worries for me :)
  • jennyrider
    Options
    Wake up!! Looks are deciving!
  • koosdel
    Options
    Wake up!! Looks are deciving!

I know! Those pomeranians are mean little *kitten*!
  • cronus404
    Options
    i wear 10 lbs on each ankle every day as i just go through life. I dont run in them though because it feels wierd and i cant get a steady gait. 1.5 lbs doesnt seem like enough for it to bother you. Definitely wear something on the other ankle to balance it out if you're going to try to run though