favorite filling cereal?

Options
2»

Replies

• mfpseven
    mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Fiber bran one cereal... it has 53% of fiber... excellent for weight loss. Taste great.

I second this and they have a few varieties out now so you won't get bored
  • MusicKeepsMeSane
    Options
    Cheerios. You can have a lot without having a lot of calories. I also love Grape Nuts, they're a little higher in calories but are higher in fiber and protein so it's more filling.
  • Salpica
    Salpica Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I've always enjoyed Honey Bunches of Oats. It's low calorie and still gives you enough of a sweet taste to satisfy your morning hunger.
  • SouthernArt77
    SouthernArt77 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I think the best ones are Cascadian Organic. They are priced around $3 dollars a box even at walmart. They make healthy adult cereals and kids cereals all organic with no processed sugar. Check them out. They are WAY better than Kashi.

I agree! I've been eating their chocolate granola all week, along with Blue Diamond Almond Breeze unsweetened almond milk. It almost feels like cheating, and it keeps me full for quite a while.
  • ADobs
    ADobs Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to Shredded Wheat Spoon Size. I eat about 2 bowls every day! Besides being super filling, it's also really healthy. And it tastes soooo good with Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla!
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Lots of thumbs up on here for Kashi. I like Kashi cereals too but they all seem high in sugar. Any good cereals that are also low in sugar?
  • arispawild
    Options
    Quaker wheat puffs.
    1 1/4 cups is 50 calories
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I also love the Cascadian Organics cereals and Full Circle Organic Multigrain Flakes with unsweetened almond milk. I also like Nature's Path Pumpkin Flax granola (get at Costco) and Ezekiel's cereals as well.

I also use the multigrain flakes crushed up to bread & bake chicken breasts, great crunch!
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Quaker Oat Squares! They have 5 g of fiber and 2 G are soluble fiber, 100% of your folic acid for the day! And they are FILLING!

I also love the Malt-o-Meal brand Frosted Mini Spooners (like mini wheats) 6 g of fiber and VERY low sodium.
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    On a side note no one should be using non fat or low fat milk to lose weight..I learned this the other day from a doctor and a naturopath. Whole or raw milk if any milk. Low fat and non fat milk uses a powdered milk mixed with water and it tricks your body and ramps up extra unneeded glucose in the body. The other milks such as almond coconut and rice the best of the three with the least amount of excess sugar added is coconut.

Interesting! I'm going to go get some whole milk!!! Yum!
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal! Love my oatmeal and cheerios! Oatmeal is fairly low on the calorie count and can be adapted just about any way you want! My fave is a few spoons of pumpkin swirled in with a couple of teaspoons of brown sugar or maple syrup. Very few boxed cereals actually stick with me.
  • LizGogol
    LizGogol Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Kashi cereals!! Mine has 10 g of protein in a cup!!
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Porridge and hot Weetbix are very filling and low in sugar. Nothing sticks to the ribs like porridge!
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Fiber One, 2T Flaxseed with Unsweetened Almond Milk is how I usually start my day

Tho, I'd like to find a cereal that has no sugar or sweetener. Fiber One has Aspartame and I'd love to be able to get that same amount of fiber without the chemical.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to Kashi Go Lean Toasted Berry Crumble. High in fiber and protein for a ceral and delicious. My 13 year old daughter laughs at me because I call it dessert, but it tastes that good to me.

Me, too! I like the Go Lean Crunchy, too, but it's a little hard on the soft pallet. I really don't care for the original Go Lean… tastes all mushy to me. I also really like most of the Fiber One cereals and Quaker Oat Squares Hint of Brown Sugar. And if you want a warm alternative since winter is coming, Kashi's hot cereals are pretty awesome, too, as are "Better Oats".
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    the healthiest options are oatmeal, wheat bix, bran cereal, muesli.. all great add fruit, cinnamon, honey, yogurt, milk, whatever!
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Lots of thumbs up on here for Kashi. I like Kashi cereals too but they all seem high in sugar. Any good cereals that are also low in sugar?

oatmeal, weetbix, bran cereal.
  • ninkdole
    ninkdole Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal or Shredded Wheat are the two I alternate between.