Looking for support/partners... C25K (starting week of Oct

Options
I just downloaded the C25K app for my iPhone and will be starting it on Monday. I see there are several active groups that go through the process together and I would like to have a group so we can support each other.

I am NOT a runner and to be honest I'm not sure I want to be. I would like to try this and run at least one race so I can say I've done it (and get the free tshirt... LOL)

-April

Replies

• Whitneylol
    Options
    I just downloaded the C25K app for my iPhone and will be starting it on Monday. I see there are several active groups that go through the process together and I would like to have a group so we can support each other.

I am NOT a runner and to be honest I'm not sure I want to be. I would like to try this and run at least one race so I can say I've done it (and get the free tshirt... LOL)

-April

I had no idea that Segways worked on sand!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Good idea and best wishes. I did C25K and had a wonderful support group. It made the experience so much more meaningful and really helped. We are still posting about post C25K running a bit.
  • alhoward8
    Options

I had no idea that Segways worked on sand!

I did that in Antigua this summer while I was on a cruise and it was fun but a little nerve-wracking at times. We rode for a little bit on the packed sand of this secluded beach on our way to this old fort.
  • katemcconnal
    Options
    i was going to start c25k tomorrow (monday 17th). have never tried it before but have the iphone app ready and waiting. i am definately not a runner and think i will really struggle but have to start somewhere!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    give it a go, you may be pleasantly surprised! i did and im addicted to running!
  • alittleazfamily
    alittleazfamily Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Monday as well. I'm really nervous since I've never been a runner!
  • LittlePam
    Options
    Thanks for starting the group! I was going to start today but since it seems there are several starting on Monday I may just wait. Wow... That makes it sound like I'm already putting it off.

I have never been a runner and I'm really not sure why I decided this would be a good exercise for me. However, there is a 5K coming up in exactly 9 weeks so I thought it was meant to be.
  • alhoward8
    Options
    I'm going to start us a thread in the motivation and support forum so keep your eyes on the lookout! :) I went hiking twice this weekend with my Mom so I hope I have the energy to do W1D1 tomorrow!
  • Silentspring
    Options
    I have just started today - Monday 17th October. My first run/walk was easier than I though it would be. I have run in the past but never very well or for very long. Good luck! :)

By the way I'm in the future as I live in NZ!