turkey bacon vs turkey bacon

Options
I was just reading a post in success stories where a poster mentioned eating turkey bacon, 100 cal./per slice. Mine is only 25 cal./slice and frankly it's nothing to write home about. What turkey bacon is good? Mine is Lilydale daystarters - just a bit boring to be honest... not terrible but definitely uninspired.

Replies

• killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I would eat uncured center cut pork bacon, personally. It's less processed than turkey bacon.
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I have tried and liked the turkey bacon but I really like the Morning Star vegetarian products. Everything tastes like what it is supposed to be...bacon, sausage, chicken, etc. Trust me, as much as I love meat if it didn't taste like the real thing I wouldn't buy it repeatedly. LOL
    Plus I still eat real meat too. Didn't want you to think I was trying to push the vegetarian thing on you. I just try to cut back as the experts say men should eat less red meat after age 35.
  • CMH24
    CMH24 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I use to eat turkey bacon but I fell in love with the center cut pork bacon. 70 calories in 3 slices.... and it is worth every calorie to me!
  • shankleefranklee
    Options
    Eating Right from Safeway/Vons/Dominicks. 3 slices for 150 calories.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I just eat regular bacon. :] I personally like the Oscar Meyer kind that's already cooked, and you only heat it up in the microwave for like 20 seconds. I'm a lazy gal. Anyways, it's 70 calories for 4 slices. So, uh, yes please. :P
  • Innerglow
    Innerglow Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I would eat uncured center cut pork bacon, personally. It's less processed than turkey bacon.

I agree here. I eat turkey in every form possible because i'm not a big red meat eater and i've never found a satisfying turkey bacon. If I really want bacon I just eat the real thing.

Bur It's quite possible I haven't tried the right kind of turkey bacon so i'm definitely going to come back to see the suggestions.
  • leopardvice
    Options
    i like morningstar too... never tried anything but veggies burgers tho... except the grillers vegan are terrible
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    ... Didn't want you to think I was trying to push the vegetarian thing on you...

No worries - I don't care what the bacon is made out of as long as it tastes good, and I don't get any pushy from you at all, just good suggestions.
    center cut pork bacon

Is this known as Canadian Bacon by any chance?

Lots of great suggestions, you MFPers really come through. I'll probably just try them all as the weeks go by until I find something suitable.

Many thanks!
    Deedee
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I like the morning star bacon too.
    If I want it soft, I put it between two pieces of paper towel, and nuke it.

diet_coke_bacon.jpg