Fruit!

Options
I have read somewhere that fruit lowers the body's ability to burn fat.
Is this true? And does it matter if I want to lose weight?

Replies

• MsMonny
    MsMonny Posts: 183
    Options
    I haven't heard that exact expression but I know that fruit is full of fructose which is a sugar. Eating 1 or 2 small pieces a day is ample when you are trying to lose weight AND only eat fruit by itself is something else I have heard.
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I think its absulute rubbish. Your body needs vitimins and minerals found in fruit, so to starve it of this - it rediculous.

Ive lost 20kgs in 24 weeks, and Ive eaten 2-3 pieces of fruit every day, guaranteed.
  • TODJ06
    TODJ06 Posts: 85
    Options
    Oh dear... I love fruit.... eat lots of it daily (5+ a day!)

I do know its full of fructose... but I would rather munch on grapes, apricots, apples, bananas, plums, pears, etc.... than on crackers, chips, bikkies etc... less than healthy foods which I also do enjoy.....

so I choose fruit! No fat! and relatively lower in sugars!

:D
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I dont eat fruit, can't justify the amount of carbs in them! Cant say I have heard that saying either. I used to do SW and they recommend you eat lots of fruit and vegetables.
  • cofakid
    cofakid Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Oh dear... I love fruit.... eat lots of it daily (5+ a day!)

I do know its full of fructose... but I would rather munch on grapes, apricots, apples, bananas, plums, pears, etc.... than on crackers, chips, bikkies etc... less than healthy foods which I also do enjoy.....

so I choose fruit! No fat! and relatively lower in sugars!

:D

I agree!
    i read a supposed new "extremely easy diet" which basically suggested one group of food of which you can have unlimited amounts, and another group of treats you can only have a max of 10 a day. Fruit was included in treats, which i just thought was completely ridiculous.
    Fruit is better than chips and chocolate and other such junk.
  • llachoix
    Options
    Plus, they'll make you happy because they're yummy :)
  • jemachharo
    jemachharo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Strong believer in fruit. One of the best food out there. I have an apple and a banana every day and often have berries too. Just space it out thru your day for even sugar. Has not stopped me from losing.