Hi

Options
Hi, all. I just got started about a week ago. So far so good. I'm trying to lose around 48 lbs. I actually look okay for a guy carrying around an extra 48, but I need more energy, plus I want to go backpacking at Philmont Scout Ranch with my son in around a year. That's a no go unless I drop the weight. I did Philmont back in 1975 and it's no cake walk. So I'll be checking in with you guys periodically.

I'm doing a 1440 calorie a day diet. I plan to start exercising after I drop around 20. I'm also resisting the temptation to weigh myself daily. I think once a week is enough and won't drive me nuts. I'm also trying to figure out how to incorporate a gyros sandwich into my diet about once or twice a week! Life can't be ALL about pain!

Replies

• Maria_t02
    Options
    Good Luck and great start off! :)
  • bobbalouie
    Options
    Thanks. I just weighed in and I lost 6 lbs. in the first 5 days! I've done this before so I know you tend to lose weight quicker right at the start and then it slows down, but it is still encouraging. What's really working for me is making sure to eat every three hours. By spreading out my caloric intact I'm reducing the peaks and valleys in my appetite and it is REALLY working. Last night, however, my wife made macaroni and beef casserole and I could only have a cup and a half! I could've eaten the whole casserole and the Pyrex casserole dish to boot! So there are challenges. I wish you the best in your weight loss quest!
  • bobbalouie
    Options
    I meant to say caloric intake, not "intact." Duh. Maybe dieting is affecting my brain. :)
  • DaleRunning
    DaleRunning Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I have only been on 1 month but love this site!! As for waiting to exercise I wouldn't wait. You can do 30 mins of a good tempo walk and that helps enormously and prepares you to start more vigorous exercise when you are ready. That will give you some extra calories to eat that gyros you were talking about because the exercise calories add on to your daily calorie intake you are allowed. Good Luck! If you want support you can add me. :)
  • jsusim000
    Options
    Great Job!!! 1 week in means, you have 14 more days to make it a habit!!!! :) I too am on a calories defecit plan like you where I consume about 1,500 cals. I've lost 39lbs since joining. Keep up the great work and welcome to MFP!!!! Feel free to add me if you like.