how to know what would work best for you

Options
I weigh 154 pounds, and most of my fat is in my belly (still kinda saggy and streatched after the babies) I've been doing 30 minutes f pilates abs or core almost every day since march, and then I do 15-30 minutes of different types of cardio every few days. I alot of the time spend about an hour with my resistance tubes (though i'm not sure how to mark it on here). I've lost about 40 pounds since i started, but I seem to have hit a flat line. I usually get the work out videos on demand on my tv, so they're not very consistant. so I think I'll actually drop some money on a video...how do i know what would be best for me, and my goals?

Replies

• Splinkysgirl2
    Options
    You won't know unless you try. Everybody is different. So, experimenting until you find something that works is probably all you can do. However, I would suggest looking into hula-hooping to help with the belly fat. I have been doing it pretty consistently as a warm up prior to doing my workouts from the DVD. I believe it has helped alot.
  • JamesBurkes
    JamesBurkes Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Depends what you're after. If you have access to weights then Chalean Extreme and P90X are both well-respected programmes (although I suppose you could do them with resistance bands). If you're on a budget then 30DS and Ripped in 30 could also be good options - well-designed DVDs that are pretty cheap to buy.

If you want to focus on cardio then Turbofire and TurboJam get a lot of love, and of course there is always "the hardest DVD ever released" - Insanity. Again, if you're on a budget, there are other options like "Banish Fat" etc.

Or you could just get outside - buy some decent trainers and walk or jog, or dust off your bike and do some cycling.

Or you could join your gym - there are tons of things to do down there. Obviously you can hit the weights and the rowers and the ellipticals, but there are lots of great classes like Zumba, spinning, Yoga etc etc.

One thing I've realised since getting back into keeping fit is that there is so many things that you can do now, that there really is no reason to get bored!
  • rockabillymama
    rockabillymama Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    it's really just a mix of budget, because My husband and I decided I wouldn;t go back to work until the baby was 2, and we just had to buy a car and take out a pretty big loan (big for us anyway) at which i had to cancel my gym membership (which was already a reduced because of our budget) and working whatever I need to do around my kids. I've done alot of yoga with my oldest, but my youngest takes the oppertunity to want to play "mommy's a jungle gym" same with going outside, it's been a cold and rainy fall so far, which I'm fine with, but I'm not fine dragging the baby out in it. so if I am going to spend the money I want to make sure it's a good investment