Needing some motivation!!

Options
Hi everyone!

My name is Kristin, and I am not new to this site! I had a baby 8 months ago, and after having him used MFP to lose about 60 lbs!! However, I have been going through some stressful times and gained about 1/2 of it back! :( Bummed out, I am trying to get back on the horse and get this weight off for good!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Everyone goes up and down. Just stick with it and think before you reach. Don't get back into bad habits. :flowerforyou:
  • skcornett
    skcornett Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! First, let's put a positive spin on this - you didn't gain it all back. That's great. You don't have that far to go.

Second, set a small goal for yourself - say 10 lbs by a certain date. Then we celebrate that goal and move on to the next!

You can do this! Feel free to add me for support!
  • Jfearn64
    Jfearn64 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    It happens to nearly everyone who loses weight. You feel good about yourself for having lost the weight. Instead of sticking to a good maintenance program you "reward" yourself by eating whatever you want (you lost all that weight and you should be rewarded right?) Before you know it you start to put the weight back on.

You have caught it before you put all the weight back on, good job. I didn't (twice). This time though I did. Put on 10 lbs (of the 30 lost). I started weighing myself daily. Couldn't fool myself that I wasn't putting it back on this time. Helps keep me honest. This is the first time I have used this site, and I think it is great.

I'll help keep you motivated and would love it if you would help me too. Friend me if you want.
  • xlovemehalwaiyzx
    Options
    Welcome back!! Add me if you'd like! Hope you have a great day! and good luck on your journey!
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I know your story all too well! I have tried so many times to lose weight and after losing a few pounds, gain it all back and those lost pounds usually bring friends with them so that I end up heavier than when I started to lose! After using MFP for a few weeks now, I have started to lose weight sensibly. My goal is 1- 2 pounds per week, and so far, I am right on target. 3 weeks = 4 lbs gone. Are those your older children holding the baby in the picture? They are all adorable, and one of your incentives is probably that you want to be able to run and play with them on outings. Staying with the MFP program has been such an inspiration for me. There are some really friendly and motivating people on here and some stories so inspirational they almost make you cry. I wish you the best on your weight loss journey. Add me as a friend if you would like. Good luck!
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    That's great that you lost 60 pounds. Once we do something, that means we can re-create it whenever we want to. Make a full committment - get rid of the unhealthy foods in the pantry, plan your meals and your workouts. You can do this!
  • Splinkysgirl2
    Options
    Here is one quote that I use on a daily basis: "Always Do Your Best. Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judment, self-abuse, and regret." an excerpt from "The Four Agreements" by Don Miguel Ruiz. Yes, you may be bummed out right now. But you have lost the weight before and can do it again. Focus on your accomplishments, however small they may be. Do not focus on the stumbling blocks unless you are using them to inspire you to overcome. Good Luck and Have Faith. You can do this. :flowerforyou:
  • hiemerapril
    hiemerapril Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    When I started this weight loss journey a while back I was told to read something about it at least once a month. It could be a magazine article or a book, but was strongly urged to do this bc it helps keeps you motivated. I actually do this not with just weight loss but any commitment I make for myself, I have a wandering mind and it is hard for me to stay motivated as well. I hope you get something that sparks your motivation, I know the boat you are in really well! Good Luck and Enjoy!
  • jazatabr04
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thanks to everyone!! :heart: and congrats to everyone on your weight loss.. You all are doing fantastic!!
  • curvy_ca_mama
    curvy_ca_mama Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Kudos to you for making the hardest step. Feel free to add me as well. :)

11213862.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • qtonduty30
    qtonduty30 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just had a baby 3 months ago and am working to lose the weight...I understand a stressful situation can make you get off track! But it's a new day and u will do great! U can add me if u'd like.