Greek Yogert

Options
I have been going along for about a month or so and getting a little more comfortable with new foods. Can some of you please help me understand the good or bad about greek yogert. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!!

Replies

• tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    More protein, less sugar, and thicker so you feel fuller longer, compared to regular yogurt.
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    We just recently discovered Greek Yogurt and it is amazing. It is full of protien, the one I get has no fat in it. It's thick and delish. My kids (9 and 11) even like it.
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's thicker and has less sugar. My friends love eating it.
    But it also has a very different texture than regular yogurt, so I didn't like it. =/
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    so far I've had trouble deciding if I for sure like it :D

The kind I bought had fruit on the bottom, that wasn't bad. Another kind I had tasted grainy... that wasn't so good. It takes trial and error to find the one you like I suppose!
  • jedi9393
    jedi9393 Posts: 121
    Options
    I was goons buy some but looked at the carb content and decided heck no!!!
  • chefswife67
    Options
    I tried the Dannons Greek Yogert with fruit for the first time last night.
    I loved it ! I liked the thickness of it I did fill me up faster then the other yogerts.
    I say I will buy more of greek yogert for now on..
  • keenymom5
    Options
    6oz of Fage 0% fat Greek yogurt has 100 calories and 18g of protein. Outstanding source of protein. I stir in a teaspoon of honey, and it's like dessert ... so yummy. Rich and filling. The protein really keeps you going, too.
  • yogagirlsh
    yogagirlsh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love it. Like others say, more protein and thick. I like to buy (or make) plain yogurt. Then I add splenda and vanilla extract to make it a treat. Sometimes I also add berries, or cocoa powder (only 12 calories for a tablespoon), or raspberry extract... It's become my "go to" treat.
  • lalasmar
    lalasmar Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love it! I like chobani vanilla or plain Fage 0% fat. Then I add fresh strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. Sprinkle a few bisquits of Kashi Cinnamon Harvest cereal on top and it is a delicious breakfast. It keeps me full all morning.
  • Krisengel
    Krisengel Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    There is definately a difference in brands also. If you try one brand and don't like it, try another. I HATE Yoplait's greek, but love Chobani and Greek Gods. My mom love the yoplait. It's just a matter of personal taste.
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    More protein, less sugar, and thicker so you feel fuller longer, compared to regular yogurt.

*everything that's stated above, and it's a bit more expensive.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I love it. Don't get the plain though - it's very tangy.
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Brand to brand they vary in protein content. So watch your labels!
  • steve81872
    steve81872 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone. I am going to try some. I will report back.
  • pmacky
    pmacky Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I buy the big container of Chobani Plain Nonfat yogurt. I mix 3 oz with a cup of frozen organic blueberries for my evening snack. It is so good and satisfying.
  • tegla
    tegla Posts: 132
    Options
    If you don't like it, still it makes a fantastic substitute for Sour Cream!! Yes... cook with it, dip in it, bake with it!!! I put a blob in my breads even pancakes it makes it all moister and healthier!!!