Returning Newbie

Options
Hi
Not a complete newbie as have dieted, it seems, all my life and I started using MFP a few months ago. I went on holiday, caved in from dieting and didn't get back on track so am almost back at square one. Have tried most diets under the sun and although do well, don't stick to them and end up worse off. I think calorie counting suits me best as I feel in more control so am going to stick with this. Had an MOT at doctors last week and blood pressure a bit high. No medication as yet but want to keep it that way so want to get weight down and nurse suggested watching my salt intake so it's great to be able to check on this as I go. When I have lost weight on previous diets I have had much more interest in my appearance and enjoyed shopping etc so I know that I've got that to look forward to. I've also started Zumba which is great. I don't keep up with it at all but it is a good laugh and am going to increase from 1 to 2 classes a week soon. Anyway I am going to visit this site frequently so that will hopefully keep the motivation up. Would love to hear from anyone so please add me so that I've got someone to talk to when I'm lurking on here and I love following other people's successes and blips {don't like the word failures}
Jackie x

Replies

• curvy_ca_mama
    curvy_ca_mama Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I would be happy to help. :)

11213862.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Alice230
    Options
    Welcome aboard! I have heard about Zumba but,I didn't know if it would actually work. You know how many things out there claim to work and never do.
  • jacks60
    jacks60 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you to those who've added me. Alice - The Zumba is good tho I'm just a beginner. The fact that it is so enjoyable means that hopefully I will stick with it...especially when it means going out on a cold winter's evening. Two things I want to concentrate on this week
    1} Drinking more. I'm not good with cold drink and water doesn't appeal at all so am going to add a touch of lemon juice to it as I think I am more likely to drink it
    2} Being more active in the evening. Once I'm home from work all I want to do is sit in front of the laptop. I need to at least do something each evening to stop me beingsuch a couch potato
    Jackie x