Getting up early

Options
About a month ago I was able to get up early before work and workout but now with fall coming and it doesn't get light till after 7am I can not get outta bed cuz its dark! I will push snoze for 1.5hrs!!!

Is there any tips that you know of or that you use to help me get my butt outta bed in the morning?!?!

Replies

• Jennypins
    Jennypins Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Bump because I REALLY need to improve in this area. I could hit snooze till lunch time!
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Put your alarm clock (or phone) across the room. It will force you to get out of your warm, cozy bed to shut the dumb thing off.
    03258 Posts: 60
    Options
    I bought my husband an alarm clock that starts out with a small light coming on and then gradually more and more light and then the actual alarm goes off. That might help.
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    I tried that! I get up and get my cell phone and turn the alarm off then get back into bed and have it next to me!
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Aside from going to bed earlier... Turn on the light as soon as your alarm goes off. Then press snooze and allow yourself to wake up slowly. (When I do this, I set my alarm 15-20 minutes earlier than when I need to be up.)
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have the same problem, but force myself to get up and not press snooze. Only you can do it (unless you have a partner who can dragg you out of bed! lol) x
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    my alarm is in the bathroom. I find when I get up to turn it off then I have to use the facilities then I'm up.
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    1 1/2 HOURS?!

Just get up and stop making excuses. It's the same time, you get the same sleep. Start doing it and make it a habit -

NO EXCUSES!
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I force myself to get up, even if I don't want to.
  • rikisue206
    rikisue206 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    1 1/2 HOURS?!

Just get up and stop making excuses. It's the same time, you get the same sleep. Start doing it and make it a habit -

NO EXCUSES!

This!
  • Pronoiac
    Pronoiac Posts: 304
    Options
    I use a lamp on a timer that goes off as my alarm. Two actually, the first is a subtle light and the second fires off about 10 minutes later and is brighter.
  • supergirlie00
    Options
    I read a good tip recommending you sleep in your work out gear you're more likely to wake up and get out of bed, until it becomes a habit. I haven't tried it yet but I'm going to give it a shot!
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    move your alarm clock to the other side of the room, when it goes off , get up, put the light on and go put the kettle on .

I get up at 5.45 am every day, works for me.

:happy:
  • tdupree71
    Options
    that's EXACTLY what I was thinking.....discipline!!!

1 1/2 HOURS?!

NO EXCUSES!
  • JustMichelleB
    Options
    You need to get up. JUst like any one who has a job that requires them when it's dark (and cold) out. Don't give yourself the choice. Pushing snooze for one and a half hours is just insanity. Think of working out as your job, you don't get to push snooze all morning if you need to work - you'd get fired.

Either that, or concede that you aren't a work out in the morning person, and commit to working out later in the day.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Get an alarm with a vibrating pad that goes under your pillow, to shake you out of bed!!! .. or one of those where light comes on gradually and gets brighter.. (I forget the name of it!)
  • lglg11
    lglg11 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    1 1/2 HOURS?!

NO EXCUSES!

This also .. Just get up and stretch, that helps to wake me up
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Sod that. I never get up before 1pm. Mind you, going to bed at 4-5am tends to help :)

Having a reason to actually get up helps too.
  • azzacca
    azzacca Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have never used a snooze button. I set my alarm for 20 minutes earlier than I want to get up.

I am also lucky that I'm the proud "parent" of a cat who hears the alarm and comes up onto the bed to wake me up. Between the chewing on my hair, and sneezing, I've never overslept.