Colors on Polar Watch

Options
Thinking of getting the Polar FT4....on amazon they have two colors for men and two for women. I don't like the colors for women and want to get the silver one for men....does it matter if I get the men's one or does it mean the watch is specifically designed for men and I need to get the color that coordinates with the women....help!

Here's a link:

http://www.amazon.com/Polar-Womens-Heart-Monitor-Bronze/dp/B001U0OFD2/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318784652&sr=8-1-spell

Replies

• azzacca
    azzacca Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    They aren't programmed male versus female so it doesn't matter if you get a men's or women's version. Get the one you like the look of. :)
  • moon_light10
    Options
    I have the brown one (only coz it was cheaper), when u're setting it up it asks u whether u are male or female
  • Alee4nia
    Alee4nia Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone....this info helps a lot!!!!
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I have the silver and really like it
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    The only thing I think of is the male watch is probably bigger with a bigger wrist band (I don't know for certain, just guessing) so if you have smaller wrists, you may not want the male version.
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Check out the ft7 I have also been shopping them it has some more features that I would use and its only a few bucks more. I like the fact that you can set you heart rate at the fat burning level and it alarms you if you go out of it. Enjoy your new hrm.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i got the ft4 not long ago and got the mens black/.silver one because it was cheaper. it works just fine :)
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I have the silver and really like it
    Mee too. On Amazon.co.uk they only had silver and pink and as much as I like a splash of colour now and again, a Piink HRM/watch is a step tooo far :laugh:
  • michelleion
    michelleion Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I bought the mens' silver one (I wasn't aware they were geared to different genders at the time). I think the chest strap sizes may be different for the mens' and womens' - I got a M-XL strap with mine which was too big, so had to purchase a smaller strap on eBay, so if you are a bit smaller, this may be something to bear in mind :)
  • Alee4nia
    Alee4nia Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Just ordered the black/silver (for men) polar ft7....can't wait...
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I've got the silver one and very skinny wrists and its fine!
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I love pink, but can't find a pink polar HRM/watch on there?.. Have you got a link?