Wii fit and EA Active 2

Options
right i have a wii and have the above games - only ever used for the fun element - few drinks with friends, have a giggle playing competitive (ski jump, balancing games etc). Now... Im actually wondering if i could use this for some fun AND cal burns - any thoughts ?

Any of u use this for exercise ? If so, what games do u play ??

Before anyone says im not looking to replace my 4-5 times a week gym sessions (loving them at the moment), im merely looking for a fun addition to get more active and/or if ever i cant get to the gym - its better than nothing. PLUS i figure if i can play a few active games, its a good way to do more at the weekends when the cold/wet winter arrives (when my bike goes away).

Xx

Replies

• Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I used my Wii pre op and I was able to lose 30 lbs between June 1, 2011 to Aug 18th 2011. I still use my Wii post op, doing Wii Zumba, Wii Sports, and Biggest Loser for my Wii. I have lost 55.4 lbs total thus far. I LOVE it!!!
  • tcpowell25
    Options
    I use the wii for Zumba and Just Dance. There are also other games that can be used on the wii like wii fit. Look online there are lots more.
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I have Wii fit and use it for yoga, hula hoop, free step (and all the other "step"s)
  • amycarol59
    amycarol59 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have both of those and used them over the last year to lose 90 lbs. They are fun I especially like the hula hoop on the fit and the boxing. On the Active 2 I would program a 9 week challenge and do the workout after a 60 min walk. My only critisim is the music in the games but I just used my headphone with music. I enjoyed using them although I don't currently due to a disc in my back. I will definitely start back up given the chance it was a great motivator with the tracking in the game. I hope you enjoy.
  • WKenL
    WKenL Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Yes, I use a Wii Fit to supplement my walking/biking/etc..

Mostly, I spend the time on things that have me spending some real cardio time -- Free Ride on Island Cycling (usually I go to see if I can set a new distance record, other times I go for the balloons), Free Step, Boxing, or Free Run. I also do some of the yoga and strength exercises.

Then, I play for fun ... Table Tilt, Obstacle Course, Snowball Fight, and a few others.

I also do the Body Test daily, so I've got a good idea about my weight, although I only really count the Saturday weigh-in.
  • ravenzwart
    ravenzwart Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I use wii sports for fun and exerbeat and myfitness coach club for a more active workout. I love the variation that they offer.
  • GRINWITHIN
    GRINWITHIN Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    About a year ago, I had some serious mobility issues with a fallen arch. I was in such a bad way for so long, my core was out of wack and I walked (and still do at times) with a noticeable limp.

The Wii let me choose an exercise 1 minute at t time. Of course, I increased. I realized i liked boxing from the Wii and found Gold's Gym Boxing which really burns some calories. I had a coupon to buy one get one free with Gold's Gym for Wii and got a Latin Dance game that is really challenging but fun for my two left feet. I liked the Active Series with the tension band because it opened me up to a new form of exercise.

555 days later, I graduated and now use Slim in Six Series on the DVD.

I just use the Wii on my "Rest Day" from the training circuit and to track/monitor my weight.