ok... so how do i do this?

Options
i have come to the sad realization that if i want to lose weight, i am gonna have to exercise :-( but i am gonna try be positive about it :-) i am not really the outdoorsie type but i do like at home exercise, any tips for really effective weight loss exercises? maybe dvd's?

Replies

• Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I would start off low impact and easy, then work your way up. Leslie Sansone has a great line of walk at home programs. It's easy to follow but effective. Then when you're ready you could move up to Jillian or the other high impact workouts. Best of luck to you!
  • chris1529
    chris1529 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    DVDs are great!! I love working out to dvds! Chris Freytag is great! She has beginner and advanced workouts. Denise Auston is ok as well. Getting outdoors in the fresh air is relaxing too. Like taking a walk in the evening when it is nice and cool. :)
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    If you have access to a gym, just go walk on the treadmill to start. Or if you don't, walk for free outside. Start out slow. If you use something like an elliptical, low resistance, but go for a long time. Higher resistance will build muscle and it won't look like you're losing any weight. If you have a wii, I suugest buying the Zumba Party for Wii. I've been doing it all week and have been burning lots of calories according to my Heart Rate Monitor (HRM)
  • angel2874
    angel2874 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    If you have access to a gym, just go walk on the treadmill to start. Or if you don't, walk for free outside. Start out slow. If you use something like an elliptical, low resistance, but go for a long time. Higher resistance will build muscle and it won't look like you're losing any weight. If you have a wii, I suugest buying the Zumba Party for Wii. I've been doing it all week and have been burning lots of calories according to my Heart Rate Monitor (HRM)

Sorry still new to this posting, messed this one up, but asked my question a couple below sorry for the confusion lol!!!!
  • mccgivens
    Options

I really need to get this...I just heard about it yesterday.
  • angel2874
    angel2874 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking of buying the wii zumba you like it and is it easy to follow, I hear such good things about zumba but am afraid I won't be able to keep up, I am not the most coordinated person lol!!!
  • sarah_kalonji
    Options
    I have been thinking of buying the wii zumba you like it and is it easy to follow, I hear such good things about zumba but am afraid I won't be able to keep up, I am not the most coordinated person lol!!!

hahaha, i know what you mean, i have i the same issue with Taebo, it just doesnt look good
  • sarah_kalonji
    Options
    i love exercise dvd's, okay i can do this, thanks everyone :wink:
  • skierxjes
    Options
    I had ALOT of trouble following the steps at first but the more I do it, each time, I learn to follow another move or 2. Eventually I'll be able to follow a whole dance haha But I figure, as long as I'm dancing and jumping around, I'm burning calories.

The HRM is my best investment EVER. I got one that didn't come with a chest strap simply because I didn't want to have to wear one (the ones with the strap are more accurate because it is always monitoring your HR).
  • skierxjes
    Options
    i love exercise dvd's, okay i can do this, thanks everyone :wink:

If IIII can do it, anyone can! We're all here for support! :)
  • sarah_kalonji
    Options
    I had ALOT of trouble following the steps at first but the more I do it, each time, I learn to follow another move or 2. Eventually I'll be able to follow a whole dance haha But I figure, as long as I'm dancing and jumping around, I'm burning calories.

The HRM is my best investment EVER. I got one that didn't come with a chest strap simply because I didn't want to have to wear one (the ones with the strap are more accurate because it is always monitoring your HR).

oooer! nice! i have actually wanted a pedometer for a while now, i bet i can get something that is a HR monitor too. thanks
  • tdupree71
    Options
    Practice makes perfect...also there is a DVD that came out before P90X....It's called Power 90 .....send me a message if you want more info!

Keep up the good work all of you!!!