for those who have done P90X or insanity?

Options
when doing P90x or insanity type workout plans do you follow the diet they include??

Replies

• lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Insanity since Januray and no, I do not follow the eating plan. I have gotten some ideas out of the book, but I follow my own eating plan.....HTH's!
  • pollyrana
    Options
    Hi. I just restarted p90x again yesterday. Ouch and only did 40 min!!! I think I might try the diet again too. When I did it a year ago I did do the diet but only stuck with it for about two weeks ( but for me that is the longest ever). It is kind of a lot of work and a lot of food but I enjoyed it. I would say try it. The food is good and you definitely won't be hungry! It is a little difficult if you have a family to cook for and you are cooking separate food though.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Insanity and not following the eating plan.
  • wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I follow about 90% of it with a few minor tweaks..enjoy the workouts. They are amazing!
  • dcgonz
    dcgonz Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Yes, I usually follow the diet for a couple of weeks. Once I have the hang of how to eat and what types of food to eat, I then tailor the diet to my own food likes. Insanity offers different food choices as well, for example instead of cottage cheese you can substitute low fat plain yogurt. The P90X diet is different from the Insanity nutrition guide as it gives specific meals to eat and follow. I like Insanity's better because you have choices.
    diana
  • kcmomof2
    kcmomof2 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I have been been doing Insanity for almost a year now. I have not followed the diet.