an answer as to why drink water....

Options
Saw this and it makes sense! Thought I would share...that's a lot of burned calories in a year...almost 6 lbs worth! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Proper hydration not only prevents you from feeling hungry (many people mistake thirst for hunger), it also can help you lose weight. In a study reported in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, German researchers found that after drinking 17 ounces of water, men's and women's metabolisms increased by 30 percent within a half hour. The researchers estimated that by boosting water intake by about 48 ounces—the amount in just six glasses—you could burn an extra 17,400 calories during the course of a year.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Replies

• angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    Options
    Saw this and it makes sense! Thought I would share...that's a lot of burned calories in a year...almost 6 lbs worth! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Proper hydration not only prevents you from feeling hungry (many people mistake thirst for hunger), it also can help you lose weight. In a study reported in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, German researchers found that after drinking 17 ounces of water, men's and women's metabolisms increased by 30 percent within a half hour. The researchers estimated that by boosting water intake by about 48 ounces—the amount in just six glasses—you could burn an extra 17,400 calories during the course of a year.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Jennnnnnnny
    Jennnnnnnny Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    lol i love all the faces drinking. anywho it makes alot of sense and makes me want to drink more
  • pamb44
    pamb44 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just met with my trainer on Friday and he has bumped me up to a gallon of H2O a day! He said that it will soo help me burn fat and speed up my metabolism... I was almost able to drink a whole gallon yesterday - today for sure, but it isnt easy at all to do its like drink drink drink and drink some more - not to mention the potty breaks! lol Hoping it works got to be at 125 by June for a contest :bigsmile:
  • angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I drink about a gallon and a half a day. I do use distilled and a couple of additives to alkaline my water further. Distilled is the most alkaline water.
    Good luck on your "contest"! Live healthy!
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I drink 64 to 80 oz. of fluid a day. I'm supposed to be drinking more though. I just can't fit it in. There aren't enough hours in a day.