New to my fitness pal

Options
Hi Everyone! My name is Ashleigh. I'm new to fitness pal. I'm here for support, advice, tips, healthy meal recipes!! (defintely need this as my husband & I are not healthy eaters- and need to learn more about eating better!) etc. Just wanted to introduce myself.

Also, I started the C25k program last week, I just finished Week 2 day 1 today, & so far so good. Send lots of support my way please!! I've never been a runner, so I'm looking forward to seeing the progress I can achieve! I'm ready to start something and not quit it, like I usually do! I want to be proud of myself!!!!

Thanks everyone!

Replies

• vixepix
    Options
    im new to this also! :)
  • LittlePam
    Options
    Hi Ashleigh-

I've been a member for awhile but just starting back after about a year. I'm going to start the C25K today. How is it going for you?

Pam
  • Olson87
    Olson87 Posts: 19
    Options
    im new to this also! :)

Welcome to you too!!!
  • Olson87
    Options
    Hi Ashleigh-

I've been a member for awhile but just starting back after about a year. I'm going to start the C25K today. How is it going for you?

Pam

Hi Pam!!!

It's going really good for me! I'm only on week 2 day 1, did it this morning. I'm really excited about it! week 2 your only jogging for a 1 minute and 30 seconds, and walking for 2 minutes... I'm actually proud of myself for doing it and not quiting! even though it's only 1 minute and 30 seconds i'm running i feel like i'm doing so good hahaha.
  • purplebabe2025
    purplebabe2025 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Welcome the both of you and good luck. Best thing is to add friends so you can get an idea what to eat from their food diaries. The forum always has some great tips. Feel free to add me as a friend all of you.

Well done both of you. It doesn't matter how much you run, the fact is you're making an effort.
  • wayne4825
    wayne4825 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, it's a great tool to keep you on track. I started my journey in February with a Biggest Loser contest at work and my starting weight was 306, I began using MFP in April and since using this it's helped me lose almost 60lbs since I started in February. I'm down to 248lbs now, I am no longer having to be dependant on my blood sugar medicine or my blood pressure medicine. Since the 3rd of August I've walked/hiked almost 100 miles. My girlfriend started using it also and enjoys it as well. Hope you get as much enjoyment out of this site as I have. Feel free to friend me if ya want.
  • FindingMyself239
    Options
    you guys feel free to add me as a friend...for advice,motivation, tip are just to listen and tell you PUT THAT COOKIE DOWN..LOL...Ive been doing good on my own but I hit rock bottom so im tryna this program and so far so good...IM VERY POSTIVE AND EXCITED:)
  • Olson87
    Options
    Welcome the both of you and good luck. Best thing is to add friends so you can get an idea what to eat from their food diaries. The forum always has some great tips. Feel free to add me as a friend all of you.

Well done both of you. It doesn't matter how much you run, the fact is you're making an effort.

Thank you!!
  • Olson87
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, it's a great tool to keep you on track. I started my journey in February with a Biggest Loser contest at work and my starting weight was 306, I began using MFP in April and since using this it's helped me lose almost 60lbs since I started in February. I'm down to 248lbs now, I am no longer having to be dependant on my blood sugar medicine or my blood pressure medicine. Since the 3rd of August I've walked/hiked almost 100 miles. My girlfriend started using it also and enjoys it as well. Hope you get as much enjoyment out of this site as I have. Feel free to friend me if ya want.

That's amazing- good for you, great inspiration!! Thanks!
  • Olson87
    Options
    you guys feel free to add me as a friend...for advice,motivation, tip are just to listen and tell you PUT THAT COOKIE DOWN..LOL...Ive been doing good on my own but I hit rock bottom so im tryna this program and so far so good...IM VERY POSTIVE AND EXCITED:)

Thank you!!! I will need someone to tell me to put the chocoloate down!!! lol