Looking for Spaghetti Squash Recipe

Options
Busymomshantell
Busymomshantell Posts: 126 Member
I have never had spaghetti squash. So I have no idea of how to cook it, except for finding a bake it in the oven for an hour recipe I found online. I am looking for any good recipes using spaghetti squash. Any help is much appreciated. :smile:

Replies

• Hirundo
    Hirundo Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    baking it in the oven like you found is probably the best way to start .. then you can eat the cooked flesh with spaghetti sauce, pesto, parmesan, olive oil, cream and garlic or w/e you'd like...
  • cmelissawright
    cmelissawright Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My SIL just sent us some soup made with spaghetti squash, chicken, black beans, onions, cumin, curry, and I don't know what else. It was delicious and very low calorie. She said she cut the squash in half and scooped out the seeds. Then you can either bake or microwave it until tender. It will come out in strands like spaghetti. I asked her for the recipe so when I get it I'll share.
  • KokomoJoe
    KokomoJoe Posts: 435
    Options
    I use it as my "pasta". I put a tomato sauce over top and eat it.
  • nancymmorris
    Options
    www.skinnytaste.com has a recipe for spaghetti squash.
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    I keep it simple. I poke five or six holes in it with a knife and stick it in the microwave for about twelve minutes. I prefer to keep it simple and just put bruschetta and mozzarella cheese on top.

If you want to be fancy, you can make lasagna with zucchini, yellow squash, and spaghetti squash (using them as the noodles). I like to add ricotta cheese, sun dried tomatoes, chopped up spinach, extra onions (and garlic), and artichoke hearts. I also like using bruschetta rather than marinara. Just layer it up to your liking, throw on mozzarella and put it in the oven at 400 degrees for about forty minutes.

I am sure I will make this every week until I die.
  • kitkatkait
    kitkatkait Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I bet it would be awesome in a stir fry with veggies and soy/oyster/teryaki sauce. yum!
  • kitkatkait
    kitkatkait Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I bet it would be awesome in a stir fry with veggies and soy/oyster/teryaki sauce. yum!