Looking for MFP friends with similar goals :-)

Options
Hi everybody! I have been using MFP for several months now but never added any friends, but would like to start to have some extra motivation and see others being successful in their goals. I am 5'3'', 144 pounds hoping to lose 15 pounds and get back into all my old clothes! I am like most women, my weight goes up up up and then down and then back up :-) would love to be able to get back to where i am most comfortable and STAY THERE lol Hope everyone has a great day! and good luck.

Amber

Replies

• cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Can I jump on that train?

I'm 5'5" & 165 lbs, wanting to get to 130 as well. Albeit I do have considerably more weight to lose than you but im just starting and I'm feelin pretty confident.

Anyways, add me if you'd like
  • gbelltx
    gbelltx Posts: 142
    Options
    You have come to the right place. Tons of support and knowledge!! You can do this!!
  • albali
    albali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hi.
    I am taller (5' 7) and heavier, but I too have about 15lb to lose. Add me if you'd like, and we can motivate each other.
  • suzy1701
    Options
    I'm 5'2" with 10 to 15 to go...Been at this since January and have lost 40 so far. Add me to your friends if you would like! :)
  • limismith
    limismith Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we have some similar boats. 25yoa 5'3 and right now I am running 157-155lbs. I would like to be 140, but once I get there I suspect I will want to keep going.

I love adding friends on MFP. I only keep friends who log on regularly, and I like it when they use the social aspect of MFP- the community posts or writing and commenting on each others "walls" because even when I am being lazy or having an off day, it's nice to see what everyone else is doing and get some encouragement.

Anyone can add me :)
  • Alice230
    Options
    Hello welcome to the community. There are a lot of supportive people here who can keep you motivated!
  • Maryjaneshoes
    Maryjaneshoes Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Good luck...having friends to motivate you makes it so much easier! You can lose those 15 pounds, feel free to add me!
  • Maryjaneshoes
    Maryjaneshoes Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Good luck...having friends to motivate you makes it so much easier! You can lose those 15 pounds, feel free to add me!
  • teenyinni
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and looking to lose about 10 lbs as well as tone up and reduce my body fat %. Feel free to add me!
  • Gspice3
    Gspice3 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!! Feel free to add me :)
  • vtgirl77
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and close to my goal weight and then looking tone up with some nice, lean muscle. Feel free to add me too...any of you! Love this motivating community!
  • toque_de_miel
    toque_de_miel Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm 5'3" as well and about 11lbs still to go to my goal weight! I'm definitely looking to get toned up as well.
    I'm in the middle of C25K currently and starting 30DS tomorrow with a group here on the forums!

Feel free to add me!! :)
  • amarklandx
    Options
    Hii :)
    I'm 5'5 and currently 131lbs, 24.1% body fat (I'm 18)
    Just looking to get down to around 118lbs, tone up (especially my tummy & butt) as well as lower my body fat %
    Anyone who's stats are similar or even if their not, feel free to add me :)
  • phiddy23
    phiddy23 Posts: 103
    Options
    Hello ! Anyone can feel free to add me,
    I'm 18, 5ft 7 and about 11st 8lb... looking to eventually be about 9st 7lb but my first aim is to be about 10st by Jan /Feb because I'm going to Australia and don't wanna still be chubby haha.
    x
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and currently at 146 and have 26 to go to get to my goal weight of 120. Feel free to add me.
  • vixepix
    Options
    Hi im new to this too - (2nd day) - still getting used to the site - any inspiring people out there feel free to add :)
  • charben
    charben Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm not new to weight problems, in 2009 I had lost 84lbs through Slimming World UK, I have now regained 42lbs and it's time to stop! The last 2 years were very difficult, in 2009 I developed late onset asthma which required steroid treatment, last summer my mum was diagnosed with cancer and I put my life on hold to care for her which meant moving 500 miles away from my home and husband for 10 months. Mum put up a good fight but sadly we lost her in March after a 10 month battle. I'm not making excuses for my weight gain, it was up to me to make the right food choices and I failed to do so. But now it has to stop! So watch this space,
  • cakemunch
    cakemunch Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm similar too :) I'm 5'6", started at 11st 11ish, currently 10st 10. Goal weight is about 9st - 9st 7. Feel free to add me :)

Also just started C25K!
  • vzucco
    vzucco Posts: 229
    Options
    I have a similar goal. I'm 5'7, 154 lbs and trying to get to 135 after many ups and downs. Feel free to add :)