Baked Potato Soup

Options
I don't know about anyone else, but I love soup - especially now that we're starting to transition into Fall. I found this great recipe for Baked Potato Soup and thought I'd share it.

Calories: 207.6 • Fat: 7.8 g • Carb: 22.5 g • Fiber: 2.4 g • Protein: 11.9 g

2 russet potatoes, washed and dried
1 small head of cauliflower, stem removed cut into florets
1 1/2 cups fat free chicken broth
1 1/2 cups 1% reduced-fat milk
salt and freshly cracked black pepper
1/2 cup light sour cream
10 tbsp reduced-fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese
6 tbsp chopped chives, divided
3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (you can use turkey bacon if you prefer)

Pierce potatoes with a fork; microwave on high for 5 minutes turn over and microwave another 3 - 5 minutes, until tender. Or if you prefer to use your oven, bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool. Peel potatoes.

Meanwhile, steam cauliflower with water in a large covered pot until tender. Drain and return to pot. On medium heat, add chicken broth, milk, potatoes and bring to a boil. Use an immersion blender to puree until smooth. Add sour cream, half the chives, salt and pepper and cook on low another 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Remove from heat. Ladle 1 cup soup into each bowl. Top each serving with 2 tbsp cheese, remaining chives, and bacon.

Recipe courtesy of Gina's Skinny Recipes: http://www.skinnytaste.com/

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish. Thanks for posting:drinker:
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I love it to so I will enjoy giving this a try thanks
  • rachyz88
    rachyz88 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I will def try it :)
  • poutinEeyore
    poutinEeyore Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • hollyg123
    hollyg123 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I love baked potato soup!
  • tbrooke2000
    tbrooke2000 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    mmmm this sounds delicious and thanks for the new website to look at for more recipes. Have a great day!
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I don't know about anyone else, but I love soup - especially now that we're starting to transition into Fall. I found this great recipe for Baked Potato Soup and thought I'd share it.

Calories: 207.6 • Fat: 7.8 g • Carb: 22.5 g • Fiber: 2.4 g • Protein: 11.9 g

2 russet potatoes, washed and dried
    1 small head of cauliflower, stem removed cut into florets
    1 1/2 cups fat free chicken broth
    1 1/2 cups 1% reduced-fat milk
    salt and freshly cracked black pepper
    1/2 cup light sour cream
    10 tbsp reduced-fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese
    6 tbsp chopped chives, divided
    3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (you can use turkey bacon if you prefer)

Pierce potatoes with a fork; microwave on high for 5 minutes turn over and microwave another 3 - 5 minutes, until tender. Or if you prefer to use your oven, bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool. Peel potatoes.

Meanwhile, steam cauliflower with water in a large covered pot until tender. Drain and return to pot. On medium heat, add chicken broth, milk, potatoes and bring to a boil. Use an immersion blender to puree until smooth. Add sour cream, half the chives, salt and pepper and cook on low another 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Remove from heat. Ladle 1 cup soup into each bowl. Top each serving with 2 tbsp cheese, remaining chives, and bacon.

Recipe courtesy of Gina's Skinny Recipes: http://www.skinnytaste.com/

Here's serving size info!! can't wait to try this! Thanks for posting it~!
  • Pea4jjab
    Pea4jjab Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Bump...potato soup is a favorite of my family. Can't wait to try this! I've been looking for a slimmed down version of my full fat recipe :)