Very new to this

Options
jarkjcm
jarkjcm Posts: 7 Member
Hi I am very new to this and can use all the advice and encouragement anyone has to offer. I have begun this journey like I have many times before but it just seems to be clicking this time. When I started sept 29 I was over 300 lbs. I began because my legs and feet were hurting all the time. The first week I lost 5 pounds and actually made it through the week without complaining of my feet or legs hurting so even little steps can improve your overall health. I am following a famous name brand point plan and am hoping to find some great recipes or ideas to make this lifestyle change not appear so tedius or boring. All ideas are welcome. I have looked at a few post and must say each of you is an inspiration from the big weight losers to the small. Everyone is here for a reason and I wish you all success.

Replies

• Jferg69
    Jferg69 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hi.
    Just to say welcome to this site, it is a fantastic place to be.

Good luck with your goals and I wish you every success......
  • campbellj71
    Options
    Hi!
    You've done such a good job! KEEP IT UP! I was 240, well on my way to 300. We love, love FOOD!!! And I'm a good cook -DOES NOT HELP! ;)
    I became really depressed after I retired from the Air Force, sat around and did nothing. It was hard to exercise befor/after my total right hip replacement. I was 39 at the time. I'm 40 now. (ssshh) I was afraid to start exercising after healing for fear of pain! But I'm glad to say that I'm walking with our dogs and that has really help my weight loss.
    I pretty sure I know what diet your on. It works. fter a couple of weeks you will know how many points are in a food item just by looking at it. When I did it I would exercise like crazy, just so I could eat more. Wrong! Some advise, don't make up those points you gain by exercising. Unless it is a holiday... I have recipe books, If you have a fax machine I could fax some.

Jill
  • sprtsfoto
    Options
    Welcome... I started losing in January at 245 lbs. I'd started and stopped and regained and then some before, but this time, 9 months later, it's all sticking with me. I'm down to about 200 lbs, feeling better and looking better. The main thing I can say is that you have to realize that this is a lifestyle change. Too many people get into the mindset that they will lose the weight and can go back to eating the way they did. You have to realize that once you hit your goal, the journey is not over, the focus is simply changing. Good luck... I added you as a friend....
  • jarkjcm
    Options
    Wow great support here thanks for the quick responses, welcomes and friend request. A little more about me I am ALMOST 50 the mom to 7 and about to be a grandma for the first time. I work a full time job and take care of everyones needs except mine. Not sure why I feel so inspired this time except I feel I am ready- that and the difference I felt in my legs and feet after 5 lbs. I look forward to knowing and encouraging you all as I change my life for ever
  • a1rose
    a1rose Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Adrienne, 23 years old... Married last Sept. I have a little bit of a bio about me on my blog... If you'd like to check out the in depth version.

But last summer, I was losing weight.

Moved to Korea last Oct. (hubby is Army), and started gaining... I wasn't doing ANYTHING productive, at all... Then moved here to Germany this April.

I just started working out and logging a couple of weeks ago. :) I have lost 6lbs so far!

Welcome!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Welcome :) My sister had great success with that famous point system a few years ago ;) I think it's a really good plan. Of course, I love myfitnesspal! i have been counting calories on here for 7.5 months. I also started exercising 7.5 months ago. I bought a cheap exercise bike ($150) and started that 30 minutes per day. I started with the tension at like level 3 and now I do level 7-8 40-60 minutes per day, unless I do a workout DVD instead. good luck :)
  • nettg40
    nettg40 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Welcome! WE are all in the same boat! feel free to friend me and we can support each other! Annette
  • jarkjcm
    Options
    Thanks jill- no access to a fax machine but email is always open- It's taken me a few days to figure out how to work this- i began on my phone but its alot easier on my pc
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!