Ladies I could use some advice...

Options
I have somewhat of a large chest...I don't do a lot of exercising but I want to kick it up a little. When I do the Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds DVD theres not a lot of bouncing and no real problem. But I want to try other things like jumping rope, or the 30 Day Shred with Jullian Michaels...Jumping Jacks with these boobs...really...

I don't know what to do, I have a sports bra in mind but I would hate to spend money I don't have any extra of on something that doesn't work.

What works for you ladies? Help me, Help me, please...lol (@ all the Pops fans)...get the joke or not I need some serious advice...

Replies

• bovbjerg
    bovbjerg Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I bought a "Shock Absorber" sports bra because I've heard from the running stores that they are the best....I don't have a whole lot to hold in but boy, are they are held in!

Good luck!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Sports bras help. That is their purpose.
  • marsisamazing
    marsisamazing Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Try wearing your normal bra and the sports bra together. That's what I do when I go jogging, it really helps!
  • Bluejay789
    Options
    I had that problem too. I broke down and bought a Nike Sports bra. It was $38.00 but worth every penny.

It actually holds the girls in place and pushed them down. Actually made me look smaller and thinner through my chest.

Funny thing when I first started wearing it they were visible at the top of the bra and almost popping out. Now that I have lost some weight through my chest there is actual extra space at the top where they were bulging out a but the bra still fits wonderfully and I love wearing it because it makes me look smaller. I put it on as soon as I come home from work.

Suggestion: Pick out the bra and go in and try it on before buying it. I tried on three different exercise bra's before I bought the Nike sports bra.

You can do it!

Claire
  • Bexster88
    Options
    I bought the Moving Comfort Fiona bra because my 34D boobs would be sore from bouncing when I ran. It helped soooooooo much. They are kinda pricey, $44, but I tried one on at a local running store to find my size and then bought some for less than $30 on Amazon.com. They are really well made and worth the money.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Try duct tape, a pencil and some bubble gum. It worked for MacGyver.
  • lcchrt
    lcchrt Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    i am now a 36g YIKES! I find that I have to wear an underwire sports bra AND tape myself to get little to no bounce. My rule of thumb for a running bra is, if its ugly, big and structured it'll work! good luck
  • lovelee79
    lovelee79 Posts: 362
    Options
    My Favorite sports bras are from La Senza. Its a Canadian company . You can purchase online if you're not close to a store.
  • mlbazemore
    mlbazemore Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    ........Thanks.....I'll keep all that in mind...I guess a sports bra it is...I don't think I'm in need of duck tape and hopefully they'll get smaller not bigger...lol
  • Susan_Marie67
    Susan_Marie67 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I agree with the poster that says to wear your regular bra and a sports bra. I have to do that as well.
  • vdegraff
    vdegraff Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    OMG. I have the same problem. I've started doing hip hop at the Y. My mamas are flopping all over the place. I also get tired more easily because of all the bouncing. A friend wants me to do Zumba, but I don't think it would be a good idea under the circumstances. I would like to pick up the pace with my walking and try jogging but it's like bunga bunga bunga!! I am thinking of wrapping an ace bandage around my chest!
  • toniann97
    toniann97 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Sports Bra: I have 2 that are great one is made by Under Armor and the other is a Nike. If I had to pick just one it would be the Under Armor, it squishes those girl into 1 loaf! :wink:

Nike also has some Dri-Fit tank like tops that have sports bras built in, they are pretty good as well but I would double up and still wear the sports bra if your girls are very large :) they are sort of pricey but go ahead and splurge...you're worth it!

Hope this helps :)
  • vzucco
    vzucco Posts: 229
    Options
    Sports bras! Like everyone said, they are the ONLY thing that works for me. I would suggest splurging, going to a nice sporting goods store and trying a lot on, even asking the salespeople or advice on brands that are particularly good for the large ladies. This is coming from someone who is broke so... it will be worth every penny. Good luck!
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    If you are big chested I would suggest not getting one from La Senza-they don't work for big chests!
    I have heard great things about the Moving Comfort bras. I tried on a couple in the running stores and just didn't like the way they fit me, but it seems like they are well made and would not have you bouncing all over the place.
    Sometimes in the past I have just doubled up sports bras and that has helped but it's kind of a pain.
    Champion sometimes makes good ones for big chests, they are around $45-50CDN in most stores, but they are well made and stop the bounce. Right now I am using sports bras from Addition-Elle, not sure if they are in the States or are just Canadian.
    I find the ones that work the best are adjustable at the back, have adjustable, wide straps, and have underwires. I can not wear sports back bras and have never been able to, they are bad for my neck.
  • JoelleMonique
    Options
    I wear a sports bra and normal bra together as I have F cup boobs that will knock me out if I dont :bigsmile:
  • chellygarcia
    Options
    I actually have to double up.. I didnt want to spend a whole lot on a sports bra so I wear a regualr $5 walmart sports bra then a tank with a shelf bra built in.... I was a D and since losing i am now a full C so it helps.... =)