Cancer = chemo and strange eating habits

Options
I recently completed 7 month of chemo and during that period had to take a massive amount of steroids as part of my chemo regime. Of course, with the chemo, energy levels dropped and this weight gain took place. Also, I found out that there are certain supplements that should not be taken while on chemo as it will neutralize the effects of chemo.

I am now weighing in at 250 lbs and am looking for a move back to apx 210 to 215. The challenge will be to build up energy levels while maintaining a good diet. At least, for now, the steroids are gone.

Replies

• Kernit
    Kernit Posts: 9
    Options
    I recently completed 7 month of chemo and during that period had to take a massive amount of steroids as part of my chemo regime. Of course, with the chemo, energy levels dropped and this weight gain took place. Also, I found out that there are certain supplements that should not be taken while on chemo as it will neutralize the effects of chemo.

I am now weighing in at 250 lbs and am looking for a move back to apx 210 to 215. The challenge will be to build up energy levels while maintaining a good diet. At least, for now, the steroids are gone.
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou:
    I'm pleased you completed your chemo - very draining for you I'm sure :flowerforyou:
    I know the steroids have taken their toll, but hey, you're still here to tell the tale - so that's something to celebrate :drinker:
    Just take the weight loss one step at a time, I'm here if you ever wanna talk :flowerforyou:
    Jackie
  • megancolleen
    Options
    Welcome! I am sorry to here about what you went through. My mother is actually in her first month of what will be 6 months of chemo. I have not noticed much change in her weight yet. This place is wondeful and everyone is really supportive. Best of Luck!
  • sweber131
    Options
    I have just joined this site...and like you have just finished chemo. I am also now starting to attempt to get the weight off and was wondering how you have made out so far?
    Nurses have told me that it is a challenge...like we need another one!

Hope you are having success with the weight loss and are on the road to good health!