For real this time.

Options
I'm not new to the website, but I am new to being really dedicated to a lifestyle change that results in a healthy weight permanently. I am a 3rd year medical student, and over the last 3 years of school I have gained 19 pounds (on top of the ~15 or so that I put on in college). I have finally had enough, and I am ready to make changes.

I am interested in having friends here to both give and receive support, but I am not interested in having my food choices critiqued. I know when I have a bad day, and I don't need to be told that I made some food mistakes. This is going to be quite a difficult change for me, especially with the limited time that I have for exercise and because I am a stress eater. But enough is enough, and I am not going to make excuses for myself anymore.

To start myself off on this journey, I went on a 30 minute walk tonight.

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    nice mindset. good luck to you on your journey.
  • Chunky_As_Charged
    Options
    That walk was a great start! Every little bit helps. If you'd like, feel free to add me on here for some support.
  • irishdancer23
    irishdancer23 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    hey! i am in a similar situation- student, have gained a significant amount of weight because of stress with school and life in general...and i am totally with you on the whole support thing...i don't need people to tell me when i've messed up! feel free to add me...we can become 2 more mfp success stories together!
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I rarely comment on anyone's diary because I don't want them commenting on mine.
  • smurphf
    smurphf Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm also in a similar situations. 3rd year dental student - gained weight in college and 1st year of dental school. MFP has been a helpful tool for me. good luck with your journey!
  • wildcatlizzie
    Options
    Good luck! You're in a healthy mindset already and sometimes that's half the battle. :)
  • vzucco
    vzucco Posts: 229
    Options
    Great post. I agree with you on the food choices thing, that's why I keep my diary private. I think the best kind of support is positive reinforcement, making someone feel like crap over slipping up is not what I'm here for. I like to help people stay motivated, and seeing their successes motivates me. Feel free to add, I could always use friends like you!